Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Those Who Have Seen Me Have Seen The Father - Jw's can't anwer it?

What does those who have seen me have seen the father mean?

I emailed a jehovah this after he told me jesus was not god.

His response was "you are just making my point"

Basically, he couldn't answer and resorted to lying to make it look like he knew what he was talking about.

He oviously questioned his faith because he blocked me.

Do jehovah witnessses always block people who know the real bible?

THose who have seen me have seen the father.

How can we see jesus and the father at the same time?

Update:

@NODUNCE HOW DOES A MORTAL COME BACK FROM DEAD. HAHAHA U SILLY U ARE.

Update 2:

gOD IS IN MANS IIMAGE U SILLY PERSON. U WILL BURN IN HELL FOR YOUR SINS U WILL

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Greetings,

When Jesus said "if you've seen me you've seen the father" he was not claiming to be Almighty God.

Any Trinitarian who uses this verse is unknowingly contradicting his own belief. This is because Jesus here is saying that if you see him you see "The FATHER." And according to the Trinity the son and the Father cannot be the same! Such an interpretation would actually prove Sebellianism, a heresy to Trinitarians. The "mainline" Trinity belief teaches that there are three completely different and separate "persons" who are all one "God." The only way Trinitarians can force this Scripture to support their belief is to arbitrarily replace the word "Father" with "God."

It is significant that when preachers continue to pass this verse on to laymen, they are either ignorant themselves or are purposely being deceptive while requiring an ignorance of their flock!

However, in the context Jesus made it clear that he was not saying he literally was the Father but was saying that as God's foremost representative he perfectly reflected his Father's qualities and teaching (Jn.12:49; 5:19; Col.1:15). John made this clear at Jn.1:18. Jesus was saying that just as a son resembles his father he showed us what his father was like by his teachings and actions.

Interpreting Jn.14:9 to mean that Jesus is equal to God would contradict what Jesus said in this very chapter: at 14:28 Jesus states very clearly that "The Father is greater than I am." There is absolutely no logical way that we can force Jesus to completely contradict his own words just a few sentences apart.

Rather than being equal or the same as God, Jesus said that he "received a command" from the Father, he "could not speak on his own", and was "sent." Jesus said himself the sender is superior to the one sent (Jn.13:16).

None of these things could have been said of Almighty God.

If we took this to mean that Jesus was literally the “father” then we would also cause the Bible to contradict itself since John 6:46 states that no man "has seen the Father" except Jesus! And Jn.1:18 says that "no man has seen God." So if these verses are true then Jesus can neither be the Father nor God!

It is very easy to understand Christ's words without forcing a mystical Trinitarian sense into them. Many scholars have properly understood them in their true contextual sense as denoting Christ's representative authority:

"It would be rash to conclude that he meant to identify Jehovah with Christ. No such identification can be clearly made out in the N.T....For it is through the kindness of the son that the kindness of the Father is clearly made known to Christians: 'He that has seen me has seen the Father.'"—F.J.A. Hort; The First Epistle of Peter (1Pt. 2:3)

"Rabbis said the man's agent was like the man himself...In John 14, for instance, Jesus said, ‘He that has seen me has seen the Father.' That is like saying, ‘He that has seenthe ambassador has seen the queen.' But in the same chapter, Jesus said, ‘But the Father is greater.'"— George Wesley Buchanan

John repeatedly shows that Jesus could not be equal to Almighty God. He states that Jesus had a God over him (Jn.20:17), the same God he had over him before he came to earth and after he returned to heaven (Mic.5:4, Rm.15:6, Rev.3:12). Jesus had to receive his power (Jn. 5:22,25,26; 17:2; 3:35), it was not inherent in him. He could not do anything on his own (Jn. 5:19; 6:38).

None of this could be said of Almighty God. So the context of Scripture always contradicts Trinitarian interpretation.

Yours,

BAR-ANERGES

• jeni
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If the blind lead the blind, they both fall in the ditch, not hell, so you are safe there.

How would God create Adam, then to Terah is son #19, to Abraham is son #20

[Matt.1:1-17]; so that God instead of Jesus, is the son of the living God?

Matt.16:16, 17; Jesus or God, is son #61, in genealogy of the son of man?

Jesus has a God and a Father, John 20:17, to do this, Rev.3:14, John 17:1-26,

can't people read, the word, John 8:28-32; where did Jesus get the word of God,

if this does not make both of them one, what does? He was with God long before

the world was, where did he go when he ascended back to God, John 3:13-15,

Acts 2:27-35[Jesus is at the right hand of God].

God alone knows the day and hour that the 1000 year reign of Christ Jesus

begans, Rev.20:1-6, with his firstfruits or first resurrected with him at his

2nd coming. Matt.24:3,7,14,15,21-24,36[God alone knows the day and hour].

If the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch. 1Cor.15:22-28,51-

53, who is the Lord and Savior of the offsprings of Adam? How does Christ

Jesus save the offsprings of Adam? How many different religions have a

version of this?

Source(s): Bible. Bible Study.
  • 8 years ago

I dare say you do not understand this, either. You sound as though you think Jesus is his own Father? They EYES OF YOUR UNDERSTANDING BEING ENLIGHTENED, OR OPENED....ever hear of this?

When Adam's eyes were opened, does this mean he was physically blind before? aw, now we are getting somewhere near truth.

To SEE, or to EAT, means to UNDERSTAND, OR SEE SPIRITUALLY.

So to see Jesus, to understand that he did his mighty works BY FAITH IN GOD, is to also see the Father, who is a spirit in heaven.

So now. both you and the JW, that you HATE, (means murder), can see the truth, IF YOU CAN OPEN YOUR BLINDED EYES.

So, how do you explain when Jesus told people, standing there LOOKING AT HIM, "No man has seen God at ANY TIME?"

DO YOU REALLY KNOW?

Aw, your sneering answers to the others who answered proves you have no understanding or LOVE OF CHRIST. You do not know him, or his Father.

So, if mortals cannot come back from the dead, YOU DENY THE RESURRECTION.

How did GOD DIE AND BE RESURRECTED? YOU SILLY BOY.

MAN IS NOT IN GOD'S IMAGE, since God thrust them out of Eden and put them into a body of dust = mortal.

How then would IMAGE OF SINFUL MAN COME IN? You have no truth. so hush up and study the Word of God, Get rid of you HATE.

Source(s): KJV truth
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

That first meant that Jesus was saying he WAS god, but at other times in the Bible, he specifically denied it: John 14:28, Matt 16:13, Matt 20:23, Mark 10:18, Mark 15:34, etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • You Actually Think That When Looking At The Hebrew Mortal, YAHUSHA, That One Was Looking At What The ALMIGHTY Looks Like...

In Your Mind, Do You Seriously Think That The Source Of Living Is A Male Mortal...

• Pam
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

It sounds like you are in agreement with what the bible teaches, that Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ are not the same. This is in harmony with John 17:3 which says "This means everlasting life, their taking knowledge of you and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ." There are countless other scriptures that confirm Jesus position and love and respect for Jehovah God. Philippians 2:5-6 leaves no room for doubt about how Jesus felt. There it states "...Jesus Christ, ...gave no consideration to a seizure, namely that he should be equal to God.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Jesus was saying that He is God. That the Son and the Father are equal

• 8 years ago

your logo name is not conducive to serving Jesus. you can hate the deception that j w's are in but we are not allowed to hate anybody. Jesus said that it is the love we show one to another that proves to the world we are his followers. and in 1 john the scripture tells us that to hate another human being makes us murderers and no murderer will be allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven.

that aside, you are totally correct in what you say. you might wish to add the scripture in john 10:30 where Jesus says "i and my father are one"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.