Deanna asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Please answer, I'm getting concerned?

Ok, well the thing is that I had my period from the 20th to the 24th this month and ever since it "ended" I have been having brown discharge. It's different then just old blood from after, I have never had that for more than a day. It's ruined a few pairs of undies because just my luck, every time I put on a panty liner nothing and when i take it off its the brown ocean. I don't really know whats going on, I would say that it is just left over blood from my period but something like this has never gone on this long. Back story, I'm 13, I got my first period in november right before my 13th birthday, so this is probably my 9th one. I mostly just want to know if this is something to concerned about/tell my mother about because I don't want to bring up an awkward subject with her if I don't have to. By the way I can't add additional info on my phone, so please don't ask me questions. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Sometimes I randomly have some brown discharge throughout the month. It's just old blood and it's really nothing to be worried about. If it goes on for long periods of time or becomes very uncomfortable or changes in consistency or odor, I'd let your mom know and make an appointment with your doctor.

Good luck! :)

Tell your mom and see a doctor.