Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Does my ivy plant (named SNowball) know when I'm sad?

I'm trying to bond with it. But I don't want to transmit negative feelings.

I don't know that plants can retain knowledge. They react to their environment, especially light and temperature, and are sensitive to energies. They have some apparent chronoconception as well, as do all things which follow circadian rhythms. Your plant might not be able to understand that you are you, or even that it is what it is.

As a plant, it is obviously composed of aggregates which come and go over time. We see the leaves fall, and new ones grow. If plants have any level of consciousness, they probably do not have any sense of illusioned ego that makes a plant think it is "an individual plant".

But plants do react to emotional energies carried by sound, light, and other other forms of energy. Using music as an example, plants seem to be able to sense "happy music" and "sad music" and then respond accordingly. Not saying they have emotional states like ours, but they do react to emotional energy, as it affects how they grow and their health.

From Ivy's point of view, there is a direction and distance to a negative vibration. That may be all it is capable of "knowing", and it is in "in the moment" sensation, as there is no memory organ in plants.

Studies done on plants indicate plants do react to all of that.

Plants can deal with negativity, though and you will feel enhanced

by it.

• Greg

You've obviously been watching too many liberal influenced Disney movies.

Well now you really pissed it off. You can't even spell it's name right...

probably not ... what difference does it make?