How do I come out to my Mormon grandparents?

Having a nervous breakdown.

So, my Mormon grandparents are here… and I’ve been trying to figure out for some time now how I’m supposed to come out to them and say that I’m gay… Mom says to use their arguments against them… that “God made me this way” and “He would know” …

But I’ve tried that with other things and it didn’t work…

Someone, please help me… How do I tell these christian zealots that I’m a dude who likes dudes?

The biggest problem isn't how they will see me. It's just that... mom accepts me and everything I do and want in life. And she loves her parents, but she has said herself that she won't be able to live with them or stand them if they stopped loving me or accepting me because I'm gay...

Favorite Answer

Tell them they are not the christians they think they are. And you wouldn't be lying. However, they are to themselves. First predicate your admission with, "I would always love you, no matter what you ever did, believed, said, or acted like. Psst... Gramps, zip up your fly. Its down again. You do know that, don't you? Nothing could turn me away from loving my grandmother and grandfather. Ever. I will always love you. I SAID I LOVE YOU, GRAM! I AM SPEAKING UP!"

Go for it. If it doesn't work with mormons, it just doesn't work. It's what most normal people attempt with great success. Can't help you after that.

You just tell them...be honest with them. Come out and tell them you are gay. If they can't accept you, how are you supposed to help that? It is there choice not yours whether or not they accept you. I know how hard it is to be denied by family...it is sad too. But if you want to tell them you have to be ready for that choice.

Source(s): my grampy is a bigot but he still loves my gay ass.

Why bother to tell them, if they are unintelligent enough to be taken in by such nonsense then they are hardly going to understand the modernity of yourself and your life, give it a miss, you do not owe them an explanation.Let them be happy in their ignorance.

Source(s): Experience.
  • Jack

Wow Mormon AND old..... good luck. No way in hell I'd tell my grandma I'm Bi, but if you want to tell them just go for it. What are they gonna do, its not like you have to live with them.