Tory asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Ways to heal hypertrophic scarring?

I got my industrial pierced back in February. I cleaned it really well from the start, but even cleaning it so well I developed a bubble on the upper part of my ear right next to one of the piercing. Apparently hypertrophic scarring is very common for industrials, or at least that's what I've seen to find while researching. I have tried aspirin paste and tea tree oil to help, which make the bump go down somewhat, but neither method has helped it go away completely. I need a better method, and if someone has any ideas that would be great!

1 Answer

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    A dermatologist can treat a hypertrophic or keloid scar effectively with injectible steroids.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.