Pika! asked in PetsRodents · 8 years ago

My hamster is bleeding from his Penis..!?

I already know this could be serious. If anyone knows what I can do for him right now, it would be wonderful. I'm really scared that he might have something wrong with his bladder. My father refuses to listen to me about the subject, so I can't get him to a vet right away.Any information would be great, I'm really scared.

Favorite Answer

o.O Why were you looking at your hampster's penis in the first place?

Well, one thing that might help is to make sure that you provide him with sufficient hydration. Make sure that you always keep his bottle fairly full of clean water. Dehydration can do nasty things to a an animal's kidneys and bladder, as well as their liver and digestive tract.

If he is over-weight you might try cutting back on the amount that you feed him, for his own health.

Those are two things that you can do for him, that don't require your dad to take him to the vet.

Hamster Penis

• Cathy

Letting an animal with a backbone suffer is against the law. Your dad is, effectively, breaking the law.

Also, the sooner this gets sorted out, the cheaper it will be. Taking your hamster asap will almost certainly be cheaper.

• Piggy

You must get him to a vet, he could have a urinary tract infection or bladder stones. Ask a neighbour if your father won't take him.

Ask your father how urgent it would be if *he* was bleeding from his penis.