tz asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

why did the author write the secret garden?

I'm writing a paper about The Secret Garden. and I was wondering what was the purpose of writing the book? like she writes about life, health, etc. what is the reader supposed to get from it?

• jen
    Favorite Answer

Writers write because they like to

i'm not doing your homework for you, I hate all that indepth stuff, what did that mean, usually it doesnt mean anything it's just too much analysis

I have an english A level

I think it's more to do with the little girl and the boy and the relationship between the boy and his father

what do you think?

as long as you can back up your answer with a quote it doesn't matter what you say, there is no right answer since it's all interpretation

• Kelley

Do you ever feel like life begins all over again when the weather warms up and the trees get little green leaves after a long winter? Frances Hodgson Burnett likely felt that way also. She took it a step further though in using spring and growth and rebirth to heal a family.

She lived at a house a lot like Misselthwaite. Maybe there was a secret garden there that gave her the idea :)