scary paralyzing dreams it's an emergency please help?

i guess this a lot, i get paralyzed and i try to wake up but i can't its so scary. last night i fell asleep i was fine, and i woke up in the middle of the night cause i was burning cause i have a bad sunburn, and then i fell back asleep and i had a dream about a place where i was was going to be bombed, and i fell asleep in the dream and all of a sudden i couldn't move and i couldn't breathe i tried to breathe and i could see my wall and whats on my wall and i was like trying to wake up it was terrible you don't understand

sleep paralysis can be quite common, when your in a deep stage of sleep your brain sends messages/hormones to paralyze the body to prevent you from moving while you dream (sleep walkers lack this hormone) now if you suddenly wake up in this stage your brain might not be quick enough to send the message to unparalyze the body so you wake up paralyzed because in a way your brain is still asleep but your mind is awake. in most cases the person would be in shock and would have just woken up from a nightmare, also while they are paralyzed they may experience the tightness of chest and hallucinations for a bit until their brain realizes and fixes the problem.

a big way to prevent this is to sleep on your side instead of your back because apparently people usually have nightmares when you sleep on your back, try to have regular sleep patterns and make sure you calm down when you are paralyzed, if it still persists i recommend you see a professional.

Believe me, I do understand.

I forget the medical term (I'm sure there is one), but it is what happens when your brain wakes up moments before the rest of your body does. It tends to happen often at the end of a nightmare. That is, when you are becoming so scared in your dream, you wake up just to avoid it.

I used to have nightmares about being chased (by anything), but then I would wake up just before they got me. What would happen (in the dream) is that I would be running, but then I was unable to move.

On occasion, I would wake up still trying to run, but be unable to. I would sometimes try to scream in my dream, but nothing would come out other than a small grunt. (I would later sometimes be told that I was making strange noises in my sleep by another person)

You have nothing to fear, really. It is fairly common.

EDIT: Lalacat named the medical term.

I hope this helps some.