How to buy a house in another state?

My wife and I both own a house in california. We want to move to texas but want to move now and our houses aren't even on the market. Can my wife get pre approved before selling her house? I can't get financed because I just got laid off my job

Favorite Answer

With ZERO information about your wife's finances, we can't make an educated guess if she would be approved for a mortgage.

The advice you DIDN'T ask for is DON'T buy until BOTH of your current houses sell. Use the time while you are renting to learn about the area you are moving to and select a good neighborhood. Also note: unless one of both of you have secured employment in Texas, NEITHER of you has an income on which to base approval of a mortgage loan.

• rtfm

That would depend on how much money she makes and on how much she owes on her existing house. The only person who can answer your question is a mortgage officer at your bank.

I agree with the other answer that it doesn't make sense to buy right away in an area you've never lived. Find somewhere with month-to-month rental so you can look around before you decide where you want to put down your new roots.

you're starting to be way previous to your self. once you're waiting to pass to her state, pass and stay along with her, then get married. attempting to purchase assets now's a nuisance and it sounds such as you do not have the "extra money down" which you decide on. wait and see and wait till the two one in all you stay mutually as a married couple. paying for assets would be plenty extra ordinary.

that seems so risky. how do you know what area you want to live in without being there awhile, especially at night?

how do you know where all the cool places are?

seems to make sense to rent for a while and take a good look around.