multiple choice math problems PLEASE HELP!!!!?
1. If y varies directly as x, find the constant of variation if y = 25 and x = 5.
2. Which of the following represents a direct variation?
d. y= 10x
3. Write an appropriate direct variation equation if y=45 when x=5.
4. Which of the following is an exponential function?
5. Write y=10^x as a logarithmic function.
a. log 10x=y
b. log 10=y
c. log 10y=x
d. log 10=x
6. Determine if the equation y=2(0.45)^x represents A. exponential growth
B. exponential decay
7. Write ^4√(x^3) in exponential form.
c. x -3/4
8. What is the solution of 3|r+5|≤6?
a. x ≥ -3 and x ≤ -7
b. no solution
c. x = ≥ -3 and x ≤ -7
d. x < -3 or x > -7
- ErinLv 48 years agoFavorite Answer
7) I don’t know
8) A except for I think it’s x is greater than or equal to -7 not less than or equal to
1-2) When two variables are related in such a way that the ratio of their values are the same the two variables are direct variation.
3) If y varies directly as x than y=kx where k is a constant. Substitue the values of x and y to sovle for k: y=k*k so 45=k*5 so k=9 so the equation is y=9x.
4) exponential function: a mathematical expression with the formula e^x, in which e is the base of natural logarithms.
6) the exponent is positive
8) order of operations, remember to use two cases and flip the sign when dividing by a negitive