Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentAlternative Fuel Vehicles · 8 years ago

Is there a viable alternative(s) to oil?

Favorite Answer

Define oil.

Petrol gas?

Absolutely. Give me authority I could replace them within 10 years.

• Mike S

At the rate we use it & it's current cost comparatively, no there aren't really any alternatives to oil. That isn't to say there aren't options, but at least in the U.S. we'd have to change much of what many consider to be "the American way" of life, & there are many economic cartels doing their best to squash the viability of these options, which will probably continue to work as long there's oil to be had.

Meanwhile, the actual supply of oil continues to dwindle......

the sun!

the sun produces enough surface energy on earth (solar energy that hits the surface of the earth) in 1 day to cover current energy demand by the planet for an entire year if harnessed - this is real energy that can be measured in Joules - it's not a made up statistic.

In 1 yr of earths surface energy (from solar) could replace all energy that could be produced (even added together) by: coal, natural gas, crude oil, uranium. All those extracted (mined) energies are temporary energies.

I've studied Tesla and natural energies for over 20yrs. Please see my blog and read my blog post:

http://polluted-planet.blogspot.com/

*I will be adding new topics in the near future so please check back.

best of all sun energy produces zero pollution except for the devices we make to harness it's energy. It's so much cleaner if we opted to use it's energy.

Source(s): myself and hardcore research. http://polluted-planet.blogspot.com/

My tractor-trailer uses as much as 20% renewable soybean oil every time I fill 'er up! In addition, it burns cleaner. Big trucks that are built today have CLEANER EXHAUST EMISSIONS than the air that gets sucked into the engine intake. How does that grab ya?

• jim m

Oil is natures way of storing solar energy-why would any logical person want to replace it? Think about this if you have that ability. All the other ways to store energy are unnatural.

Ethanol is clean, renewable and made in America. Gasoline is none of those things.

Considering its many uses, at this time no.

yes

petroleum ,

electricity ,

nuclear fuel s, etc

further research is being conducted worldwide

there is sea men.