Why does this girl act like this?

Hi. I'm 20 years-old and attend university. Here's the details to my question:

So there's this friend of mine. We've been friends and have been hanging out for about 4 months now and I've come to like her. The problem is she's kind of confusing...actually very confusing haha.

Well honestly speaking, I think she likes me, too. The reason I think so is because:

1. She gets quite jealous when I talk about other girls or stuff. Ok honestly I'm not sure if it's jealousy but I can just tell...I hope you know what I'm talking about haha. Because I went on this date once and she's like "Oh I wanna hear the details." and she's always asking stuff like "What would you say if a girl from our class asked you out?" or "What would you do if this girl was into you?"...yeah I'm pretty sure that's jealousy lol

2. I catch her staring at me sometimes. Like for example when we're with another friend and we're talking, I see her looking at me through my peripheral vision and when I look back she quickly turns her head, or like when I turn around completely I occasionally catch her suddenly turning her head as if she was staring at me (which she probably was).

well there are a lot of other things, but I'll save them. Here's the real problem. I don't know what the **** this girl wants. She says she likes being single...but honestly I don't think so and one of my closest friends even say that "when a girl says she doesn't want a boyfriend, it means she doesn't want just ANY man."

Also, this same friend occasionally talks to this girl about her and me. My friend would say something like "Hey how about XXX? You two would go really good together and he's really your type." but the girl I like would reply (as my friend says) like "Yeah he's cute and nice and all, but he's just my Bambino." (btw Bambino's my nickname that she calls me)

I mean, I think she likes me, but why the hell does she act like this? Is she just another attention whore?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

She does sound confusing indeed. It sounds like you either have to make a move or just forget about having anything more then a friendship. But you have to think about a possible consequence of making a move - what if it ruins your friendship?

• 8 years ago

Ask her out, before she gives up.

As one person said before. Worst thing she can say is no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.