Steps to get into ivy league college? And Harvard law?

Hi, well ever since i was little i wanted to go to an ivy league college and harvard law. I was just wondering if any one who is living my dream or knows how to get into them can like help me and give me some advice and some setps or details on how to get in. I had a 96 average in middle school, i am going to be in a lot of extra curricular and volunteer hours, i have 1 ap class in ninth grade and hopefully more in 10th and so on,i want to join a sport in 10th grade because im a bit over board this year . I have geometry and biology honors, english honors, and ap history with p.e. and and law studies. I used to play piano and dance, but i stopped. I think i will be going back, but im not sure yet. It would be great if someone could help me and give me like a guide or just some steps to follow. Thanks!

• eri
    Favorite Answer

Everyone applying to the ivies has the highest grades in the hardest classes and very high test scores. You need all that just to apply, and then you need a lot more to get in. They turned down 92% of applicants this year, including thousands of 4.0 students (unweighted) and valedictorians. Nothing you do before high school matters and they do not give academic or sports scholarships (need-based aid only). You need to find a way to stand out in the field you plan to major in, and you need to have a very good reason to attend those schools, which you don't have. Bad reasons are things like 'It's a great school', 'it sounds really impressive', and 'it's the only good school I've heard of', and those are the reasons most people apply. Good reasons are things like specific resources or professors only they offer that you plan to work with during your time at those schools, and you need to show your potential to make the most of these resources clear when applying. Nothing you've done would make you a candidate for a top school and you aren't applying for the right reasons.

• drip

You can go on any school's web site and read requirements.

Try the college magazines, like US News Best Colleges.

Harvard acceptance rate is a low 6%. They get over 20,000 applications and enroll about 2000 students. Yale enrolls about 1200 students. Most applications are from top notch students.

You should not be taking AP classes till you are a junior year. Take honor level classes. and core subjects.

do extra actitivties and have leadership positions in any thing you do.

Get A Job, so you can afford it if you do get there.