Katie asked in TravelAustraliaSydney · 8 years ago

if i havent done 3 months of rural work in australia on my first visa does this mean there is no way i can go?

done my first working holiday visa as a florist, i want to go back for another year but never done the 3 months work in rural australia does this mean i cannot ever go back?? what can i do to beable to have my 2nd working holiday visa x kind regards

5 Answers

  • Brooky
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Because you didn't do the qualifying work during your WHV, a second WHV is out of the question - one per lifetime is the limit and that applies even to people who have citizenship of more than one eligible country.

    If you want to come back to work in Australia, your only alternative now is to go for an employer sponsored work visa. If you're a qualified florist and can find an eligible employer who is willing to sponsor you (perhaps an employer from your WHV?), you can apply for a subclass 457 visa which is a temporary work visa valid for up to 4 years. After 2 years on a 457, if your employer is willing, they can sponsor you for a permanent visa.


  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    Get with the individuals who hindrance out visas mate! If she is simply coming over for a seek advice from (trip) then don't fear about it. But if she is coming over and then planning on liking it so much and staying...Then plan out a work visa earlier than hand. This is your wife right? If you are married then there must be minimal quandary bringing her over. The same for you going to Australia! Supply extra small print!

  • 8 years ago

    if you didn't do the 3 months specified work you can not ever get another working holiday visa

  • toomba
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    You have it correct. There is no possible alternative. You had to do the time to get the second visa.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • C.M. C
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Katie, you answered your own question, do the time, the specified portion and you will be able to apply for a second session.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.