Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

i want to become a Buddhist anything I have to consider please tell me some of the stuff about it?

Update:

i studied it in school two years ago

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

You have to follow the eightfold path and the precepts.

The cessation of suffering can be attained through nirodha. Nirodha means the unmaking of sensual craving and conceptual attachment. The third noble truth expresses the idea that suffering can be ended by attaining dispassion. Nirodha extinguishes all forms of clinging and attachment. This means that suffering can be overcome through human activity, simply by removing the cause of suffering. Attaining and perfecting dispassion is a process of many levels that ultimately results in the state of Nirvana. Nirvana means freedom from all worries, troubles, complexes, fabrications and ideas. Nirvana is not comprehensible for those who have not attained it.

http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/fourtruths.html

• 8 years ago

Why do you want to get converted? What false did you find in your religion? Without understanding your own religion how can you understand and have unquestionable faith in the other religion? Domy believe in conversion. Believe in a God, and your own religion and in humanity. A mere increase in number of followers of a oarticular religion cannot do anygood to any man.

• 8 years ago

then you will know that there are many sects of buddhism and each one has their own way of practicing it, so you need to decide which sect you want to belong to. you would be better off doing some google research than asking about it here.

• 8 years ago

The path to enlightenment starts with google ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.