If I have an aromatherapy recipe that calls for carrier oil how do I substitute water so I can use my warmer?

I'm an aromatherapy novice but have recently fallen in love with it. I've found some great recipes for blends in a book I purchased, Aromatherapy: a Complete Guide to the Healing Art. The only problem is, the recipes include carrier oils but I'd like to use them in my oil warmer. I've read other places oils should not be used in warmers for various reasons, so I'm wondering, does anyone know how to substitute water? Would it be the same ounces of water that I'd use for the blends or do I need to convert it with a particular ratio?

Thank you so much!

-K

Favorite Answer

You only need a carrier oil if you are applying the essential oils on to the skin.

Adding to a warmer with water will be fine. You may find the following article useful "Aromatherapy Methods of Use - Vaporisation" http://aromatherapyandnaturalskincare.com.au/index...

Hope this helps!

It's the normal oil (normally any typical vegetable oil or typical therapeutic massage oil will do) which you utilize as a base. You combine a few drops of the scented oils with a provider oil, for illustration, if you want to do a massage or an oil wrap or a steam tub or whatever given that, otherwise, the scented oil will also be too strong and in all probability damage your skin.

oil/water is for burners/Baths. water/oil do not mix hence the need for a carrier, grape-seed almond or any oil will do, 4 drops of oil to a dessertspoon of carrier oil.

the quickest and best way to get that oil into you, is massage.

you can use about 10 drops in a hot bath this will get into the skin after about 20 minutes. A burner is nice for the aroma and breathing it in will get a little into your system but not a lot.