Which group should one take to study MBBS?

My cousin wants to study MBBS but she is in a CBSE school, she wants to know which groups she can take to study MBBS in 11th Standard

Update:

She doesn't like Maths so pls suggest groups without maths

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

along side English that's compulsory, one should have physics + chemistry + biology/biotechnology + one additional subject.

the 5th subject may be mathematics (if she doesn't like it it doesn't matter,yet i would suggest to learn few mathematics operations that would required to ease physics ie.. calculus,trigonometry,algebra,basics of binomial expression...)

many students opt for psychology as its quite easy to learn and becomes easy to score because of projects.

physical education & geography is also offered as an option in many CBSE schools. but i wouldn't suggest them.

mathematics no doubts helps in physics but lowers the score in boards being a completely theory subject and it is very imp to score as good as possible in 12th boards because they also act as tiebreakers!

convey my BEST OF LUCK to your cousin..

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

To do MBBS course, one need to take PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) group in 11th and 12th standard. Maths is not required for doing MBBS course.

Regards

Mridul sachan

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Science group should be taken to study MBBS. Try effort to study Maths.

• Nygdan
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

I'm in the US and am not familiar with the Indian educational system so please keep that in mind when evaluating my response.

I just want to address the math issue.

If a person is hoping to study things like physics and biology and chemistry, then they need a strong math background, especially if they want to continue on with higher study. There's going to be plenty of courses that a student needs to take that they're not interested in, so they need to figure out how to succeed in even those classes now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

in Gujarat, there are two groups for selection after 10th standard.

A group is maths, physics, chemistry and B group is biology, physics, chemistry.

if you want to join both, so this facility is also available with Group AB.

so, for MBBS you are compulsorily go with either B group or AB group.

• 7 years ago

Hey friend

Science stream (Medical) is mandatory if you want to pursue MBBS.

Good Luck!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

physics , chemistry and biology is required. being good at maths helps to solve physics numericals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.