Justine asked in PetsOther - Pets · 8 years ago

My baby hedgehog wont eat help?

I just bought my first hedgehog he's just over 6 weeks old, its been a little over two days and he hasn't eaten I've tried to bribe with treats and have gotten no results and I'm starting to get worried this is the same food his breeder had been giving him so its not due to a change in food please help

Favorite Answer

He wasn't ready to go home with you. Contact the breeder immediately. Severe health problems can result from a youngster not eating!

Do not pay attention to these individuals. Persons whom consume simply fruits and veggies are one of the healthiest alive. I are living off fruits and veggies, and its been over a yr since i've been ailing! (became vegetarian a year ago). In just the first 2 days of eating nothing but fruits and veggies I lost a needed 3 kilos. From then on I saved shedding the entire excess weight I wanted to, 25lbs! This was once all within a 2 month period. Still think about retaining your body energetic in that time too...Eating a low calorie eating regimen is not any excuse not too.. I would say take a few forty five minute to an hour walk every day if that you can. You'll have more vigor and feel better all around.

Try leaving him completely alone in a quiet part of the house. The more you disturb him to try to get him to eat the more you are stressing him out.