Christians: what would be the reason that an atheist would volunteer at a food bank for the homeless if ...?

..they get no reward for it, and if they lack morals?

Favorite Answer

I'm an atheist who has volunteered in many ways/places -

including food banks.

MY reason: to help others who need it - something I

happen to enjoy doing. As for morals: I'm probably

no better or worse than most people.

Atheists can have morals. I like religions and I believe that they work and give people a stronger moral backbone, but there's nothing wrong with being an atheist. There's debate as to whether morals are genetic that sounds quite plausible. However the argument as to who is morally superior is silly and distracting. Rules of the world or ethics and morals can basically be summed up in one sentence: Don't be a dick.

• Alex

Who said Atheists have no morals? And donating your time and money doesn't get you into heaven. So Athiests and Christians get the same reward from volunteering, a good feeling that you are helping your fellow man. I wish people would know a little something about what they ask before they open their mouth and say something so stupid.

@john

If some do lack morals they don't lack common sense like you, John.

You should insert a 'sincerely' or 'from'

you do no longer choose a god on your existence, faith is for the needy. i'm specific you're a solid person like this atheist, you do no longer choose gods to be a solid respectable person. shop up the solid artwork.

Their are many people in and out of religion that just want peace, that's it. Whether we get it from helping people or doing small things as buying a kid ice cream from the ice cream truck we all have that ability to be good productively.

Your soul isnt dead. It has a right to fight. There is a reward for helping those in need and noone ever said you have no morals. You are just always trying to convince us that your particular set is superior...and that is an absolute impossibility based solely on the definition of morals. Jeremiah 20:11 God Bless

+Thats two in a row....who are you?

Source(s): Jesus saves

Well we dont get rewarded for it either because its by Grace we are saved.and not of ourselves so works gets no one any where basically

• John

If some do lack morals they do not lack common sense like you

John

Some atheists are really children of God who don't realize they are because of the devil driven society they are raised in.