PETER asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

I'm starting the gym to get toned all over. should I do weight training first, then finish with running?

I'm gonna use machines;

Chest press 4 sets 10

Flys 4 sets 10

Shoulder press 4 sets 10

My arms will be aching by then..

Then ill go for a 20 min run?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

good question

the answer is weight train first.. always an all the time

lifting weights boosts the metabolism.... an in the process burns off the carb storage.. which is what burns first during exercise.. then afterwards when u do cardio.. its much easier an quicker to burn the fat because the weight training burnt the carbs.. so always lift weights first....

40-60 mins of weights

then 30 mins of cardio or 20 min

then finish off with 5-10 mins of abs

trust me on this one :)

• 5 years ago

Source(s): Fast Track Muscle Building - http://buildmuscle.oruty.com/?rNSO
  • 8 years ago

You should do the run first.It will get your heart rate up and the blood pumping so you will be warmed up and you will perform much better on your strength training afterwards.

By the way you should also work your triceps if you're going to do bench press and flies.

Add 4 sets of 12 tricep cable pulldowns or dumbbell overhead extensions.

Cheers!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's generally better to run first, have a rest and then do weights, however weights and running improve completely different parts of your body, running will improve your cardio & overall fitness, weights will improve muscle power and muscle tone, and bench press ups, pull ups, push ups etc, will improve your core muscles, so they all help different parts of your body.

Source(s): Knowledge/Experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I would run first, get your stamina up from the cardio.

• 8 years ago

weights always before cardio

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.