Christian & Catholic... One relationship; two different religions? Marriage related*?

I'm Christian and my boyfriend is Catholic.

My boyfriend wants to get married in a church and I don't mind, but I want to get married in a huge cathedral which is a Catholic church I believe.

Would I have to follow the Catholic religion being married to a Catholic or how do you go about marriage, a family and two different religions?

I have no problem with becoming a Catholic... I'm just curious on how that all works out?

I've heard that they are two different religions... my bad. Sorry! (:

Favorite Answer

So your boyfriend is a non Christian Catholic? What's that?

You don't have to convert to be married in the Catholic Church. I have no idea about the possibility of getting married in a cathedral.

faith is greater considerable in a marriage than the two of you looks to comprehend. that's going to arise as a intense subject once you have babies. the two one among you need to debate what faith you will advance your babies. think of heavily approximately no count in case you like to renounce your faith, or no count if that's needed you, and how you like to advance your babies. it somewhat is greater considerable than the small print of the marriage. i'm worried approximately your fiance's attitude. He "would not want to handle his ex to get an annulment." maybe he's desperate to no longer be a Catholic anymore, yet while he does want to be a Catholic, he ought to attend to this. If he needs to connect a Protestant church, the divorce is purely no longer a controversy. A Christian is permitted to marry a non-Christian interior the church. that's completed. And that's not precise to "replace right into a Christian" purely considering you like to marry a Christian, in case you're no longer a believer. you would be mendacity to God.

All Catholics are Christians. They are not different religions...

So you're both Christians, and you both want to get married in a church. I can see your prob-- wait... what's the problem?