What should I do in this situation?

I'm partially blind and require someone's help while walking in unfamiliar places.

A very good friend of mine is turning 18 tomo. So, we wanted to give him a surprise at 12 at night for his birthday.

Me and another friend of mine are scheduled to go to his place tonight.

I have never been to his house before.

So, I'm just worried that my presence will unnecessarily create a fuss since I require help and stuff. So, should I go for giving him a surprise, or should I just let him celebrate his b'day in peace with his other friend and family?

P.S. I use a screen reader to use the internet.

Favorite Answer

I think you have answered your own question really. Like you said ..he's a very good friend of yours' - of course GO! Dont ever let your limitations limit you! You have aevery much right to bere there as anyone else. If you were my freind and got yourself to my party with your helper friend , helper dog, helper anything ID JUST THINK IT WAS AMAZING YOU BOTHERE DTHAT MUCH FOR ME. Have a grat time. (I hope your screen reader copes with my spelling mistakes ha ha) I have a cat on my lap. Good luck.

• OV

you should include yourself in the surprise. if this is for a very good friend they will understand that things might not go as smoothly because you need help getting around, but they will probably want to celebrate with all their friends!

I don't think I'm answering your question the best I could, but I think you worrying to much. real friends are worth fussing over.

• Bob

i think it would be good for you to go there.