what is happening to my harddrive?

Last week I bought a 1TB WD Caviar Green Harddrive. It is perfectly in good condition. Then after a while, I use it for doing some works. Unfortunately at a very unlucky day when I'm doing my work at my computer, a lightning struck my computer during a terrible thunderstorm..causing it to short circuit. Then, I send the PC to be format and it works good for a moment but then a various bluescreen errors appear, does the PCB is damaged by lightning or the head crash of the harddrive.. what should I do?

Favorite Answer

In a lightning storm, any part of your computer could be damaged by a short circuit. However, seeing as it is most likely the hard-drive, I would suggest a back up and a clean install of windows to make sure. If that doesn't fix it, you might want to look at testing it with a new hard drive, and if that is the cause, buy a new hard drive.

• Arnak

Hi,

It may not be damaged but the windows installation could be damaged, what is the BSOD error?

I would install a UPS to avoid further lightning problems.

Arnak