How can one kill themselves with little/temporary or no pain?

PS: I am *NOT* trying to kill myself, so please don't give me all that "Get help" crap, I just wanna know...Kinda the science behind it, I ask a lot of questions. Now, A bullet to the head seems like the most painless way to do it. What about Hanging oneself? Does the rope cause one to suffocate or to snap their necks due to the force?

By the way, Don't say stuff like "You are a sicko", I just want to know, because I don't think any books/encyclopedias explain this...

Favorite Answer

Hanging your self would be relatively quick but not pleasant it would be a mixture of suffocation and the brakeage of the spine.

I personally wouldn’t slit my wrists, in movies people seem to just go in a bath and fall asleep, but they don’t film the agony of actually cutting the wrists.

Jumping from a building would be fine if you died instantly but it doesn’t ensure death and if you don’t become unconscious for some reason it would hurt like hell.

Drowning yourself would be alright(ish) if you held your breath and then died whilst unconscious but breathing in water would not be the most pleasant feeling.

A lot of people overdose because it is painless but that’s not true as you would be consciously feeling the pain of your all of your major organs shut down.

If you shot yourself in the front of the head or temple you would probably die however it is possible to survive with severer brain damage to the frontal cortex and or personality changes after that and in really rare cases it is possible for them to stay conscious. The best way is a bullet in the mouth as it would pretty much hit every crucial part of your brain, very high chance of instant death and if not you would die whilst unconscious so you would feel no pain.

I am bipolar and have tried to overdose on pills and woke up 3 days later having seizures. Plus it ruined my organs. Im guessing the carbon dioxide one would be less painful. Youd get headaches but just get pilled out before so you wouldnt feel it.

It is interesting to see your interest in these things. But who has experience of this can give you correct answer. Do not worry about such matters too much. Life is there to live and help others and not to end by oneself. Achieve something in your career. good luck

Ide say explosion, because in some rare cases people who get shot in the head live :p

To me, the least painful way would be to take drugs/medicine.

hmmm...carbon monoxide poisoning...? You'll get headaches and dizziness and stuff but you'll be unconscious before you die so it doesn't sound extremely painful...