Matt asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Will straightening my spine make me taller?

I have a curvature in my spine and i just wanted to know that if i get it straightened by surgery or whatever, will i get just a little bit taller ?

And if yes how much taller ?lol

Favorite Answer

As people before me have said, it all depends on how severe your curve is and what type of curve you have. I had kyphosis (85˚ curvature) and the surgery made me 2 inches taller! Straightening out kyphosis probably makes you taller than straightening out scoliosis. But I'll take height over pain and a curved back any day :)

Source(s): Experience
  • Shay

Yes. But it is hard to predict by how much. Only your doctor or surgeon could help predict that. It would depend on how much of a curvature you have. You could gain less than 1/2 inch, or you could gain over an inch. There is no way for anyone here to make a guess without at least seeing you to see how "curvy" your spine looks.

How To Grow 3-6 Taller : http://growtallersteps.com/

Straightening up your spine will not have any affect on your height, however; it will do wonders for your posture.

Yes.