can I saw "improve my investigative skills" or investigation skills?

"say"

"also improve my investigation skills in a variety of areas"

• I think either can be correct, and which one is better will depend on the context.

If you are applying for a job, you must be sure to proofread your resume and cover letter - proofread them once, then put them away and proofread again a few hours or a day later, and then get some experienced friends or relatives to review them. It's very important that you avoid typos and careless errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and English usage; but it's also important that you use your own writing style. You should make sure that what you write does not come off pompous or as if you are trying to pretend to be someone you're not. When your friends or relatives make suggestions, consider them and take them seriously; but then make your own final decisions and trust your own judgment.

I hope this is helpful.

Source(s): I used to hire investigators for a state agency.

It depends on the rest of the sentence but probably the second option would fit most contexts. You would say you have an `investigative mind' but have `skills of investigation'