Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Should i be wearing a tampon everyday of my period?

ok so i am 14 and 5'. Should I be wearing a tampon everyday that i have my period? i also had my period for a year now. this is only the second week that i have learnded how to use tampons. they are so much better than pads!. is it bad if you wear a tampon everyday that you have your period at a young age? Please answer my question oh and it still hurts when i take the tampon out. how long will that last for? Thank you for answering my question.

Favorite Answer

tampons are fine for the day time during the heavier days of your period at night you should use night time pads and during your lighter days you should use pads unless your doing any water based activities the use of pads just means your not letting the toxins that cause TSS build up inside your vagina to levels that could potentially give you TSS

I'm 14 too! :D It doesn't matter if you wear a tampon everyday or not, i agree they are much better than pads! If they hurt when you take them out it probably means your periods are quite light. On lighter days, wear a pad or pantyliner to avoid the risk of toxic shock syndrome that comes with tampons. If you're wearing a tampon when your period is really light then it may get stuck because it will absorb any other fluids instead of blood.

If you get light periods, use pads. That is usually the first/last day. Only keep your tampon in for 4 hours, and never at night. You could be risk of TSS, which is deadly. And only wear a tampon the first 4 days of your period.

-Epic

No you should only wear a tampon once every 24 hr during your period it is dangerous. It is very unhealthy

Source(s): Research.

Yeh of course but if you get light periods i suggest you to wear pads