Please tell me how to survive high school ?
- ComplicatedLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
1. Say hi to the person sitting next to you in each of your classes.
2. Go in with a positive attitude
3. Get to know your teacher's school emails so you can submit papers, ask questions etc.
4. Don't be embarrassed or afraid to raise your hand to ask questions.
5. If you fall behind make sure you get help right away because then you will fall so far behind you'll have a hard time getting back on track.
6. Buy a whiteboard/ cork-board for your room or one of those wipe off wall stickers, and write down the due dates of assignments, long term projects, extended homework, group work, trips anything important.
7. Buy a mini whiteboard for your locker or a few magnets and write down the same things.
8. If you have no one to sit with at lunch sit alone, someone will come over to you :)
9. Get the phone number of someone in each of your classes for homework etc.
10. Take notes.
11. Keep your notes organized!!!!
12. You don't need a boyfriend to make you happy.
13. Don't ever lose a friend over a boy.
14. Getting into fights is not cute
15. Be assertive not to nice, not to mean.
16. Don't let people tale advantage of you.
17. If you happen to go out with an upperclassmen be careful. If a senior is after you they usually do want one thing. Now this doesn't mean that you have to stay away because there are very nice guys too.
18. You are not in love with someone after a month.
19. Juniors and seniors will leave you alone for the most part, sophomores are a different story.
20. Never go to a party alone. EVER
21. Unless you can drive don't have a friend suggest driving you to and from somewhere unless you know 100% there is a designated driver or your friend will not drink. ( yes high school parties have drinking)
22. Don't do drugs
23. Surround yourself with positive people
24. Join clubs, teams and things you like because you like it not to fit in.
25. Always make time for friends
26. Even best friends let secrets go, be mindful of what you tell who.
27. Don't listen to or spread rumors. Your eyes are the witness of the truth
28. If you have a problem talk it out. Tell your friend but ideally find an adult whom you trust completely to talk you through what's wrong.
29. Having a relationship with your parents is important.
30. Someone, somewhere will have a problem with you. Be the bigger person and ignore it.
31. Don't start drama, high schools more fun that way.
32. Girls can be mean.
33. Have pride, and dignity in yourself.
34. The girls that are sluts and get all the attention usually have self esteem issues.
35. People get pregnant, things happen, so protect yourself and never abandon a friend who is going through this.
IN YOUR BAG/ locker
36. Keep an extra notebook folder.
37. Keep extra pads/ tampons
38. Pens, pencils ALWAYS get lost keep a lot.
39. Keep extra money
40. Little bottles of : gel, water, lotion etc.
41. Keep a brush
42. Keep some hair ties.
43. Keep an extra change of clothes in case of accidental wetting, accidents etc.
44. Keep some snacks in a baggie or a small bin thing ( my friend had a tiny one to keep out bugs)
45. Keep body spray
46. Three words TIDE TO GO best invention ever!
47. Your makeup, if you use anyone
48. A locker mirror
49. A pocket mirror
51. Keep a pair of old shoes in your gym locker so you never have to worry about bringing them home
52. Keep an extra pair of socks.
53. Brush every morning.
54. Give yourself time to eat in the morning.
55. Pack your bag, lunch projects the night before.
56. Set your alarm clock 1 min apart so it rings twice
57. Set your cellphone alarm too
58. Pick out a few clothes each night so you don't have to run around when what you thought you wanted to wear doesn't look right.
59. ALWAYS STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF
60. Take nothing but pens, pencils, a notebook and a folder the first day
61. Use your locker all the freshmen here think it's a good idea to not use lockers IKD why.
62. Find what studying method works for you.
63. Find what morning routine works for you
64. Find what HAIR product works best ( I knew one worked and I used a differed one and I looked like a lion by the end of the day)
65. Invest in Bobby pins.
66. Shower every night or morning or both.
67. Pack gum. So you always have minty fresh breath
68. Remember your phone.
69. Don't use a purse AND a bag
70. NOT PASSING GYM CAN PREVENT YOU FROM GRADUATING WITH YOUR CLASS!!!!
71. Have fun
72. Think about what interests you and what you want to do in college like think of a major
73. Don't over challenge yourself, only take on what you can handle
- 8 years ago
High school is a scary and hostile enviroment. It can either be the most fun youll ever have with so many fond memories, or it can be the most miserable thing in the world. My experience was horrible in school, but mostly cuz of the poor choices i made. Get yourself a group of good friends, ones that have fun and yet do their work. Enroll in as many activities as you can. Get good grades. Whenever your friends are around someone you dont know, introduce yourself and make them your friends too. When you see that person again around others, make friends with them too. Thats the only way to get a large amount of friends or to become not popular, but at least not a loner.
- 8 years ago
Be brave and confident. Take good care of your appearance. Try hard to make friends and work for the best at sports.
You'll find friends who like you for who you are.
If you don't think you can survive, you won't. Believe in yourself and you will!(Yes I know, but do it!)
Good luck :)
- 8 years ago
Well there's no guide, maybe there is but honestly I'm barely a sophomore and freshman year went great for me, dont worry theres no freshman treated wrong, look for your classes earlier, surely you wouldn't want to be late, and get to lunch as early as possible because the lines are huge!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous8 years ago
Just study, study study. study hard. Have confident. If you want inspirations, just watch " God of Study " on youtube and you'll know what i mean.