do you think its bad to try and change your personality?

im thinking of trying to change my personality. im a nice dorky guy but i also have this other side of me that is very cynical, sarcastic, and just generally negative. like i say really mean stuff to people and im really rude to people too. im doing it jokingly though and a lot of people think its funny, which is a bit why i like it. i really like making people laugh. however ive kind of reflected on it recently though and idk. people that dont know me very well might not get it. what do you think?

Favorite Answer

Sounds as though you re maturing. Positive change is always a good thing and should continue all your life. Yea, growth!

It is bad to change yourself drastically, but to change yourself in a positive way is always good.

In my opinion I'd say if you really consider your humor to be mean and rude then tone it down on people you never met and don't do it as often. It can be funny in the right situation but eventually people get tired of it, or it may just offset them all together.

Changes is ok but not Dramatically you know what I mean, for instance if you want to make it obvious that your change iTs good but do it in a more positive way , you can still be cool have humor but in a more friendly action :D There's a time and place when you can behave they way you want to hope this helps!! Haha

Be yourself