? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

Is it possible to bring someone back to life that has been dead for a long time?

I know its a stupid question and the answer is most likely no, but is their any theories or even creating clones by using that persons dna

Favorite Answer

This isn't Frankenstein.

There are numerous religious theories - none that would pass scientific scrutiny.

On the DNA side - even if a new body could be "grown" from DNA (and it cannot) - it would not be the original person - just as a twin brother is not you.

So, no - it is impossible to bring a person back to life.

No. Four minutes without oxygen and the brains cells start a mass-die-off. And you can't replace basin tissue like you can another organ, that's your self/personality.

A clone would be a separate person with its own unique consciousnesses.

eta: I'll just add, hypothetically we could somehow invent the ability to copy all of a person's braincells perfectly, store these, and "upload" them into a new body.

If you kept their original body and brain alive, potentially. If they legally die, not just become brain dead but their body goes cold, they're gone forever. Your brain is what makes you and I, so when it dies, so do you. It's the question Michio Kaku raised when talking about Star Trek. The original body is gone, and a new one is replicated in the ship due to the teleporter. Technically, that person died on the first journey, and what's there is another of that same person. Exactly the same as the original, but not the original. Kinda like if you broke a CD and bought a new one.

• Raja

Dead people never returns in any form. Even if you create a new body using his DNA, it's not him. A human's life ends with his/her own single body.

Yeah you can buy clones of people at wal mart for 99¢

Source(s): I have one myself!

maybe but we don't know how much time it could be millions of years