LOL asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Please help me!How can I stop worry about something??I can't stop thinking it!Help me please!?

Favorite Answer

You do want to stop worrying about something. So ... in the field of tension of your worries and of your experiences and of your growing perspicacity, from a good level of more glowing daring force you will more astutely be preparing yourself for achieving a state of safer confident attitude in your life where you most easily might become braver at dissipating your unwanted thoughts. Also, you might try and adopt more something of the style of the proverbial astute good old fox for hopefully your own better survival and unfolding.

In whatever you are doing and loving to do or dreaming to do or are supposed to do (must do) for hopefully your better survival, you might try and fiercely resolve to more diligently be working at building up, or more passionately adding up to, some great events and some good perhaps wonderful memories for a future; wonderful memories for your own future!

No matter what it is that is bothering you, in your life, in your necessary interactions with others, within family, with lover, with colleague, with boss or other superior, with friend and or with good stranger in hopefully good solidarity against difficulties, facing challenges, against unfair rival, against nasty foe, against impostor or detractor or evil pervert, you might try and be thinking that you do want to be the good actor, that you are the good actor, the braver co-pilot of your own life, the fiercer hardy more daring higher flying co-pilot unto your own future, unto your own destiny!

Dear good friend of ours within the wider bounds of this great cyberspace, so also you might try and do! From the deeper warm throbbing vaults of your own heart, from along the immense sun-kissed or gloomy wind-swept and at times even deadly stormy shores and landscapes and horizons and heavenly stretches and yonder of your own soul, you are certainly preparing for changes, for a great metamorphosis, even for a sequel of wondrous or weird metamorphoses leading on to a great apotheosis of glowing certainty and of delicious as if perennial bliss.

Do also all the while be seeking more for chances of lots great merry thoughtless laughs in loving company or most often more sublimely all on your own. Good luck!

Limit "worrying time" to 30 - 45 mns, daily, possibly when you get home, or after your evening meal, but not too close to bedtime, after which, resolve firmly to refuse to worry again on that day. Understand that to do otherwise would be counterproductive to your mental health, and enjoyment of life. Having had your "worry time" for the day, you can just write down any more thoughts that come to mind, and say to yourself: "Well, I'll just have to worry about that tomorrow, won't I?". It's important to regularly monitor, and deal with a negative internal monologue (self talk), or mental process, such as disturbing thoughts, images, impulses, or emotions, by the process of (a): recognising it, and (b): challenging it immediately. Technique For Re-Programming Negative Thoughts: When you notice something negative, such as: "I can't do this/ am never going to get over this!" or: "Why am I always so useless/such a loser?" or even an image, emotion, or a memory; recognise that it is being generated from the negative part of your mind. After identifying and labelling it, visualise a large, red, flashing, "STOP!" sign, and/or possibly a stern faced person wagging an index finger at you in a negative manner, then say to yourself as forcefully as you can, even aloud in a big voice, if alone: "I know this tactic: GO AWAY FOR A WHILE !!!" You may want to use either: "ruse", "ploy", "game", or "trick". In the case of an image, visualise a large "STOP" sign, or your preferred version. Some people go so far as to keep a wide rubber band in their pocket, then put it around their wrist, when they catch themselves backsliding, stretch and release it, as a method of reprogramming their mind sooner, but I don't regard it as being strictly necessary. Remember to remove it, afterwards, if you use this method. Try replacing a negative thought with a positive affirmation of your choice, like: "I am a unique individual, with my own set of skills, and good points", or "I may not be perfect, but I'm doing the best I can, right now".

Practice a relaxation method, daily, and when needed, such as http://www.drcoxconsulting.com/managing-stress.htm... or http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/mindbody/a/Meditat...

or http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate and/or Tai Chi, Qi Gong, or yoga. Give the EFT a good tryout, to see if it helps you. It is free via the searchbar at www.mercola.com "EFT" & "EFT therapists" or www.tapping.com (13 free videos). Professional is best. - There is a version for use in public places, (if you like, you can claim to have a headache, as you massage/lightly tap your temples, but you would then be restricted to subvocalising: saying it to yourself in your mind: "Even though I have anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself." Herbal remedies, such as chamomile, passionflower, or St. John's wort, are often effective, but the idea is (as with anxiolytic medication) to use them like water wings, or training wheels on a bicycle, providing initial support, and giving time for other treatments, such as therapy, and relaxation techniques, to take effect. See http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/conditionsatod/a/A... A free E course in CBT is at: http://ecouch.anu.edu.au/welcome 85% of people are suggestible, to some extent, so consider professional hypnotherapy, or more alternatives along such lines are at http://your-mental-health.8m.com/blank_8.html where this came from; read the rest.

Source(s): Try your bookstore, Amazon.com, or BarnesAndNoble.com for: How to Control Your Anxiety before It Controls You, by Albert Ellis, & Self-Coaching: How to Heal Anxiety and Depression, Joseph J. Luciani Ph.D., & Anxiety and Phobia Workbook, by Edmund Bourne, & Natural Relief for Anxiety: Complementary Strategies for Easing Fear, Panic & Worry by Edmund J. Bourne, Arlen Brownstein, and Lorna Garano, & The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques: Understanding How Your Brain Makes You Anxious and What You Can Do to Change It by Margaret Wehrenberg, & Managing Anxiety. Kennerley, Helen.

it honestly depends on what "it" is. If you don't say, then I can't really help and I don't think anyone else can either.