Right structure for mobile application?

I'd like to develop mobile applications (for apple, android) for my website (entertainment catalog).

Form of applications I've chosen - WebView element which loads mobile version of website.

Is this form wide used? Is it normal for approving to App Markets? What are the common disadvantages of this form?

Thanks!

Using the WebView web kit is fairly common practice actually, and works pretty well. But if you don't want to got through all of the hullabaloo of getting approved and all that, then consider making a web app, and adding this line of code to the page:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">

This will mean that when a user clicks the "Add Page to Home Screen" button in the sharing part in Safari, it will install an icon on their home screen, and when they click the icon, it actually opens in its own app, not safari.

But that only works for Apple iOS 5 devices. You can also entice users to install the web app by having a popup bubble appear at the bottom of the page. See http://cubiq.org/add-to-home-screen and this has code for a tidy popup bubble which appears in the exactly correct place

I would love to help you make mobile applications

I am a Professional Programmer and I have been programming making websites and even making mobile applications most of my life.Feel free to email me at CodedCompany@aol.com I would love to help you!