Is USPS Priority Mail actually reliable domestically?

My girlfriend and I are apart for the time being and I decided to put together a little care package for her and send her a parcel. I used a medium flat-rate Priority Mail box, took it to the post office on Monday (it is now Saturday night/Sunday morning) around 11:30 a.m., paid the $11.35 flat rate, and had the postal attendee give me my receipt, after witnessing him punch in the $11.35 and "2-Day" on his computer touch screen. Her parcel still has not arrived. I realise that the 2-3 day approximation is not a guarantee, but I sent it Monday morning and it still has not arrived. Is USPS Priority Mail actually reliable or should I question the location of the box? I did get tracking and the website told me I was unable to track the item on that particular website for some reason. I have not received the box back yet so it's not been returned to me. I've used Priority Mail before but to send things to my friends in Afghanistan, and they usually got the items within two weeks. Domestically, does Priority Mail, well, suck? Is my box lost? There was not anything dangerous or weird in there, just a shirt, a stuffed bear, books, DVD's, etc. I legibly wrote the correct address and put my return address on there. Any suggestions about what is going on? Any input is appreciated.

Also, I'm in Colorado and she's in Texas. It's not even traveling from coast-to-coast.

Favorite Answer

The only place from which you might be able to get an answer that is actually helpful would be the post office. We cannot tell you anything about the box, where it is, when it will arrive.

The post office typically does get things where they are supposed to go. Their tracking system is not nearly as good as that of Fed Ex or UPS, however.

You could wait another couple of days, or you could go to the post office and ask someone there. Other than that, there is nothing else that you can do.

• ciucio

Usps international priority mail is the worst while it is composed of transport to zambia.i offered an merchandise on ebay and it has taken greater desirable than 2 months and the parcel is nowhere to be discovered. for this reason if every physique needs some thing on ebay under no circumstances use USPS!