is Jesus is God himself? why we should pray to the God Father in the name of jesus?

jesus said that but later christians say God is a holy trinity so I don't get the full concept of praying to the Father in the name of Jesus?

• Best Answer

It only adds up if you realise Jesus is not God .

Trinity is not once mentioned in the bibe & over 50 times Jesus is called the Son of God , never once God the Son .

In the words of Jesus John 14:28 New International Version

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Note

Not is me or equal to me but greater.

• farrah

The full concept is that Jesus and God are not a trinity and in John, Jesus says no one comes to the father except through me. Two separate not one.

I would love to teach you more of what the Bible really teaches, just email me and we can get started. JW

• .

No man can come to the Father except through Jesus.

No man knows the Son but the Father, neither knows any man the Father but the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal - Jesus ( Matthew 11:27)

And without controversy great is the mystery of Godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory- 1 Timothy 3:16

none is good but God- Luke 18:19

I am the good shepherd, the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep- Jesus( John 10:11)

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.- Jesus ( John 14:26)

May Jesus open the eyes of the blind & unstop the ears of the deaf.

In Christ

No. Jesus is not God. Jesus is not the son of God. God is the one and only God, and is too holy, too powerful, too omniscient, and too unlimited by our humanly measures, to have a son, wife, copy, or particle floating around.

Jesus was the Prophet of God. Jesus has not died (and come back 3 days later), but has been taken into God's custody till Judgement Day. Jesus was not crucified. An image, a fake, was crucified, and it is not difficult for God to blind all the Jews and Christians as to the identity of the body crucified. Jesus was promised no harm could come to him by God, and God never lets down a promise or a covenant.

Praying to the God in the name of Jesus is a misguidance; a variance from the original "Pray in the name of God"

Praying to God in the name of Jesus is also a sinful act because it treats Jesus as a God when Jesus is God's Prophet, and will claim innocence from all those who prayed to him, worshiped him, or lied about him.

The Holy Trinity is also an erroneous concept. Imagine an entity so powerful He created the universe and all what lies in it. So powerful He knows, not only what we know, and what we don't know, but what we think, feel, and what we know not that we know. That Entity; God, created Jesus, and also created the Holy Spirit. How can you sum God -who is Jesus's God, and the Holy Spirit's God- with Jesus and the Holy Spirit in one 'trinity' ?

Man is God's creation, and man prays to God in the name of God, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful, and does not relate to him in his prayers Jesus, or a trinity, or any other form of limitation, for God is too honorable to be related to in such denigrating ways.

Source(s): sorry for being long
  • It is not one bit surprising you don't understand this concept of the trinity since it is a load of rubbish!! It is also a terrible insult to Jesus - when he clearly stated he is the son of God and so professed christians are actually being disrespectful to Jesus by not listening to what he says.

I would like to address two of your answers here: The first one is: WEFMEIST who contradicts him/herself! Why in the dickens would Jesus who is God demand/instruct his followers to pray to his FATHER? I mean that is just plain inane and certainly does not tally with who Jesus was!!!

Top contributor who does not have a name: says Jesus is God in the flesh: but there is an error of thought here because God said that no one can see Him and live? Plus since He made the earth, it makes sense, that He is just too big for our earth!

A changed e book via the rascals on earth which grow to be sent via Almigthy (i'm no longer referring God by using fact its opposite gender is Goddess and we've self belief there is not any Goddess) referred to as Bible. Almighty is a "ultimate capability" no longer any physique Almighty created us that doesnt recommend we are son and daughter of God. it relatively is proved in above lines concerning gender (Nauzubillah) I thoroughly have self belief in ISA-Alaihisalaam (properly referred to as Jesus for christians) and his words yet no longer in what's written in Bible. pass via Quran -the e book which grow to be sent via God and by no ability have been given replaced (no previous testamont no New testamont) its unique in its form which tells that jesus will return back and that i dont know the place such fake believer christians will cover thier faces Jesus isn't the son of God he's a messanger of God and that i've got self belief in Jesus and his words written in Quran.

• Terry

Dear friend,

The reason why people say Jesus is God is because they have adopted a pagan teaching that dates back to Babylon and Egypt. So here are a few thing to consider:

Jesus in Praying to HIS FATHER said: "This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ. John 17: 3. So listen to what the son says when he calls his father THE ONLY TRUE GOD!

Here are a few more things to think about, , "

The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." (John 13:16) Jesus said on numerous occasions that, "the Father… hath sent me." (John 5:37,6:37)

Jesus prays to God. (John 17:1-3)

Jesus has faith in God. (Hebrews 2:17,18, Hebrews 3:2)

Jesus is a servant of God. (Acts 3:13)

Jesus does not know things God knows. (Mark 13:32, Revelation 1:1)

Jesus worships God. (John 4:22)

Jesus has one who is God to him. (Revelation 3:12)

Jesus is in subjection to God. (1 Corinthians 15:28)

Jesus' head is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Jesus has reverent submission, fear, of God. (Hebrews 5:7)

Jesus is given lordship by God. (Acts 2:36)

Jesus is exalted by God.(Acts 5:31)

Jesus is made high priest by God. (Hebrews 5:10)

Jesus is given authority by God. (Philippians 2:9)

Jesus is given kingship by God. (Luke 1:32,33)

Jesus is given judgment by God. (Acts 10:42)

"God raised [Jesus] from the dead". (Acts 2:24, Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 15:15)

Jesus is at the right hand of God. (Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Acts 2:33, Romans 8:34)

Jesus is the one human mediator between the one God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5)

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. (1 John 4:12)

God put everything, except Himself, under Jesus. (1 Corinthians 15:24-28)

Jesus did not think being "equal with God" was graspable. (Philippians 2:6)

"Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"" (Matthew 27:46)

• Karl

Jesus died for sins to we can be sin free and that allows God to hear us. Without using Jesus name and sacrifice we are in sin still and God can not hear a sinner.

So we have to use the name of Jesus (thus Jesus' dying for sins) to be sin free and allow us to be heard by God the Father.

The Son made the way so we all can be heard by the Father. The bible tells us sinners can not be heard by God. Old testament they used animal blood to be Jesus like for them so God could hear there prayers. Now we have Jesus' sacrifice so we do not have to sacrifice animals to be heard by God the Father.

Bless you.

Sin separated us from God, Jesus died taking our sins and believing this makes us sin free and heard by God the Father now.

Prayer in Jesus’ name is taught in John 14:13-14, “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Jesus is not God the Father, he is the son of God.