Canada Vs. USA, Which is better and why?

Me and my best friend are disgusted with the US at this point and have been for quite some time now. In the past 6 months I have lost my house, my car, and my job due to the crashing economy. I have been discussing the possibility of moving to canada with friends and relatives for the past month or so, but I cannot... show more Me and my best friend are disgusted with the US at this point and have been for quite some time now. In the past 6 months I have lost my house, my car, and my job due to the crashing economy. I have been discussing the possibility of moving to canada with friends and relatives for the past month or so, but I cannot seem to find the answers im looking for. I want to know the differences of the US vs Canada, cost difference, schooling, laws, everything. If someone would take the time to answer me it would be a breath of fresh air, Thank you.
Update: In better detail, I would like to know: The laws in immigrating to Canada. Some important/interesting law differences in USA and Canada. Gas prices. Medical/Dental costs Living guidelines, (ex: in USA usually you have to make 3 times the amount of rent to rent) What are the guidelines there? And what all is... show more In better detail, I would like to know:
The laws in immigrating to Canada.
Some important/interesting law differences in USA and Canada.
Gas prices.
Medical/Dental costs
Living guidelines, (ex: in USA usually you have to make 3 times the amount of rent to rent) What are the guidelines there?
And what all is required to visit Canada and tour Victoria?
Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated...
Update 2: In better detail, I would like to know: The laws in immigrating to Canada. Some important/interesting law differences in USA and Canada. Gas prices. Medical/Dental costs Living guidelines, (ex: in USA usually you have to make 3 times the amount of rent to rent) What are the guidelines there? And what all is... show more In better detail, I would like to know:
The laws in immigrating to Canada.
Gas prices.
Medical/Dental costs
Update 3: In better detail, I would like to know: The laws in immigrating to Canada. Some important/interesting law differences in USA and Canada. Gas prices. Medical/Dental costs Living guidelines, (ex: in USA usually you have to make 3 times the amount of rent to rent) What are the guidelines there? And what all is... show more In better detail, I would like to know:
The laws in immigrating to Canada.
Gas prices.
Medical/Dental costs