Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

list of examples of special skills for my acting resume?

I'm just blanking on this. If anyone has a list of skills that I could look over and see which ones apply to me, thatd be great! :D

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Basically anything that could be performed on stage or on camera could be a special skill.

Performance skills: singing (list specific styles), dancing (be specific about what styles), playing an instrument, stand up comedy, pantomime, and any other performance skills.

Tricks: juggling or riding a unicycle or balancing poles on your chin, stuff like that.

Specific acting skills: any accents or dialects you've perfected or skills in stage combat or swordplay

Sports: gymnastics, ice skating, roller skating, martial arts, swimming, fencing, surfing, rock climbing, horseback riding, water polo, yoga, etc.

Misc skills: foreign languages you can speak, shooting (gun, rifle, etc), Hibachi chef, throwing a pizza

Don't go overboard and list every little things - include that which are you most proficient at or very experienced at. And it should be something eye-catching and not something everyone can do. If you've received formal training with some of these you might want to list them in the "education" section based on what you're auditing for. Like you might want to list dance schools attended. Or if you took a class in stage combat that would be listed under the education section.

I wouldn't include things that are not visual - creative writing, good computer skills, things like that I wouldn't include.

Here's an interesting article about the "Special Skills" section of an acting resume from an agent's point of view:

http://www.backstage.com/bso/advice-casting-cues/a...

• speas
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Acting Resume Example

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

list of examples of special skills for my acting resume?

I'm just blanking on this. If anyone has a list of skills that I could look over and see which ones apply to me, thatd be great! :D

Source(s): list examples special skills acting resume: https://bitly.im/g8Qqj
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awi2s

One way to narrow things down is that instead of including everything you can do - include only those things that you do extremely well. For example, knowing how to play the piano and playing the piano well are two different things. Pick the things that if they asked you to do them on the spot you would impress them with how well you do them. Another way is to customize your resume based on the "acting type" you're trying to market yourself as or based on the role you're going after. So if you're going for the military tough-guy role then most of your special skills should include that type of thing. If you're going for western then emphasize the horseback riding, rifle shooting and things. If you're going for the tortured artist, emphasize the music and drawing. Things like that. That's the great thing about computers - you can customize things and print them out as needed. If necessary you can combine some things like "military training including hand-to-hand combat" (instead of listing all the physical training). "Extensive horseback writing experience" (instead of listing everything out) "Experience with firearms, knives and bow&arrow". I wouldn't include driving a go-kart. I don't view that as a specialskill since I think most people can do that. And "imitating accents" isn't a good one either. You're an actor - you should be able to imitate/learn accents. If you have an accent that you don't have to learn, that you already have down and can do well, then list that. Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I would say DO NOT put stuff like "Good with children" or "good with animals" on an acting resume... that would be on a day care worker or a vet. These are not skills and make you look foolish.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Look for advertisement copies that advertise the type of job that you want to apply for and look for the skills listed that are required for the applicants to have. Use this as the guideline to writing your skills on your resume.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Pencil Portraits Course http://emuy.info/RealisticPencilPortrait/?BP3F
  • 9 years ago

these are non-acting things that you are really good at that could be used by you as an actor, such as dialects, sports, singing and dancing. You do not put things like cry on command, because that is something all actors should be able to do.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

British accent (or any accent)

Backhandspring (or any gymnastic trick)

Ability to cry on comand

Guitar playing (or any instrument)

Fluent or speak French (or any other language including sign)

Sports you play

Raise one eyebrow

Double jointed in (anything)

Hip hop dancing (or any other type such as tap)

Working well with adults or children

Good with animals (in case you do a show such as Annie)

Really anything you can do! Don't worry If your not fluent in a language- put it anyways. Good luck! Also I can't do any of that stuff so no worries if you can't either! :)

• Louis
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

To be successful in music and theate my thought would be that you need to know dance routines and a good memory of your lines. Communication skills and computer skills are necessary also being able to write music and progam it. Knowing how to make someone believe you can do anything. Maybe tell them you will do whateve it takes to get the job done that got me hired once

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.