California college people, I HATE chicago , how can I convince my parents to let me move?? please read?

Here's a quick summary of my pain: I transferred from a small private college to a private university in chicago last year. I saw chicago as a huge change in my life, some big and exciting. I finished my second year and i absolutely hate it here. like i mean HATE IT!!! There's nothing absolutely nothing to... show more Here's a quick summary of my pain:
I transferred from a small private college to a private university in chicago last year. I saw chicago as a huge change in my life, some big and exciting. I finished my second year and i absolutely hate it here. like i mean HATE IT!!! There's nothing absolutely nothing to do here , everything closes early and i've already done all of the "tourist" things (the bean , art institute, museums, aquarium , navy pier, state street god EVEN THOSE PLACES WERE BEYOND BORING! I feel like it's not as exciting as NYC or Los angeles. theres never anything "huge" going on and i don't see a lot of foreigners (i do see some) the weather sucks and my school's campus is so boring the people here are boring too.

I want to convince my parents to let me move to california i feel it's more "alive" and more my type but i'm scared they won't take me serious since this would be the 3rd time I transferred! (even though i've gotten straight A's so far) how could I convince them? I want to live in los angeles, for whoever goes to school and lives there, how do you like it?? is it amazingly awesome? :) illinois sucks.