looking for evidence against god?

is there any solid evidence against god because i really dont want to believe in this guy. i mean he is a total dick, if he created everything then that means he created disease and bacteria and theres children starving in africa who die really young and dont get to have a life and that is because of gods creation so i need evidence to prove there isnt really someone as horrible as that out there who created us.

Update:

dont give me you obviously havn't read the bible rubbish yeh just because they ate a apple of a tree gives this guy a right to destory young childrens lives while other people who have sinned all their life sit in the pools counting their money they stole from us ordinary people

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The only way primitive religion exists today is through the child abuse of forcing it into very, very young children but thanks to better education and growing intellects so many teens are able to discover the truth, throw off the indoctrination and step into the real world!

Academia states that in the absence of any sort of evidence of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable evidence is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

The bible is what is called "Faction" A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

The Roman Emperor Constantine produced the bible and he was a pagan not god! He took the Jewish religion, organized it into Christianity and then into the Holly Roman Catholic Church!! Not in Israel or any of the countries of supposed origin but entirely ITALIAN!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

What a wonder full disinformation and deception campaign he waged against his Jewish enemies by turning them into his invented Christianity - so good in fact that Christians are still following the deception to this day!

The first person to provide a shred of verifiable evidence for God will become world famous and mega rich! Ain't happened yet and it never will!

So how does this primitive belief in a god survive? The answer is simple and very down to Earth

Acceptance of a supernatural claim tends to promote cooperative social relationships. This communication demonstrates a willingness to accept, without skepticism, the influence of the speaker in a way similar to a child's acceptance of the influence of a parent. By encouraging this kind of behavior where the most intense social relationships occur it facilitates the lack of skepticism and deters more open minded thinking.

They are christian, Muslim or the other religions depending where they were born simply because they were indoctrinated by their parents as very young children. They will go on to indoctrinate their own children and those will go on to indoctrinate their grandchildren!

Atheists have the intellect to see through the conditioning and escape into the real world!

Agnostics have the intellect to see through the conditioning but lack the courage to throw of the conditioning entirely.

Sadly Christians, muslims and others are still held firmly prisoner by the self perpetuating brainwashing!

Source(s): University of Missouri-Columbia. Arizona State University
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

looking for evidence the is supports or refutes the existence of god is irrelevant... If you were to say all unmarried men are bachelors, no one would disagree... if someone does disagree and shouts prove it! Everyone would look at him and ask him how many drinks he has had. You do not need any proof to know that all unmarried men are bachelors and any evidence that proves or disproves that assertion is irrelevant... Knowledge without proof is a priori knowlege... and can be applied towards the existence of god. To make the claim that god exists it would have to be an a priori knowledge... so finding evidence that proves or disproves the existence of god would be irrelevant and make people look at you as if you were a lunatic...

unfortunately gods existence cannot be proven a priori... ironically b/c any proof given immediately becomes irrelevant when making an a priori claim of knowledge

but since it cannot ever be known for certain weather or not god exists... except a priori, it is equally valid and logically sound to both believe in god or not believe in god it is your choice. the question as to weather or not god exists is irrelevant.

this concept is pretty convoluted, I did my best to try and simplify it but alas I probably just confused you more... but I assure you It doesn't matter weather or not god exists

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The best you can do is get logical reasons for the non existence of god based on the definition of god by believers.

Just as they can not prove there is a god we can't prove there isn't one.

But the burden of proof is on the one making the claims.

Knowledge is not absolute, it's something we refine as we discover more, and thus far everything we have examined have natural causes for which once thought was guided by god (god of the gaps)

Now there's not many gaps left to fill with a god.

So reason tells us if we ever find the cause of our existence and the universe, its probably a natural cause.

• 8 years ago

The prevalence of evil and suffering in this world is enough evidence that there is no caring god who intervenes to prevent such occurrences . There is no good argument or evidence for the existence of god . It is easier to suppose that the universe has always existed for all eternity than to conceive of a being beyond its limits capable of creating it . The fact is that there is no sign of god in this world . This god cannot be detected , is silent and inert . A thing that cannot be detected is in principle nonexistent .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Torgo
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

http://www.templeton.org/newsroom/press_releases/0...

The Largest Study of Third-Party Remote Intercessory Prayer Suggests

Prayer Not Effective in Reducing Complications Following Heart Surgery

Not absolute evidence against all gods, just evidence against gods that are supposed to answer prayers.

• 8 years ago

Well damn, look at the good things too. Plus, I don`t see you becoming an african-humanitarian doctor or anything. Earth can`t be paradise, but it needs to be in balance, that means with good and the bad. If people don`t want to share, then that is everyone`s deal. God is where he is because he looks after us, but is also able to make harsh decisions. You don`t really think that he has no problem with all the things he does, do you? And also, there are angels and demons that influence illness and famine and war. Its not all him. He gave them free will like he did us, so if you think its fair to make them mindless zombies, you would have to include us to make it even. I think you could just try to change the demons for the better and let them reunite with God`s family.

• 4 years ago

Some Christian apologists have well-known this situation and instructed that despite the fact that we can't realize how 2+2 might equal 5, it is inside God's capabilities. Individually, I consider that if God can do the logically absurd, I ought to conclude his existence is logically absurd.

• 8 years ago

no because trying to prove something doesn't exist is illogical although you can disproof the claims made by creationist noah's flood, moses being in Egypt and other made up crap. you cant prove a negative but it would be more rational and logical to have a dis believe in something that cannot be proved or exist outside of reality

• Todd
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

A deity is a transcendental concept. You cannot prove or disprove it. That's pretty much why believers get off scott free saying nearly anything they want and molding the scripture (picking verses) to help them out.

• 8 years ago

Use your own logic and reasoning.

Of course you cannot find proof that something DOESNT exist.

For example; i have an orange unicorn who is invisible. You cannot prove that my unicorn, Jimmy, does not exist since he is invisible heeheeeee...

But anyway, i think we should know that the reasonable answer is that there are no gods.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.