?
Lv 4
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Does anyone think that the gun ban was the problem in Colorado?

Look the guy entered a theater in full body armor threw a couple of gas canisters. even a fully trained law enforcement officer that was armed would have found this situation a nightmare to deal with. Look at the North Hollywood shoot out cops with hand guns were useless against a couple of men wearing body armor. In a dark crowed theater with people panicking the odds would have been a couple more people hit by the hero not him being stopped.

Update:

Warren you are right. the problem with your thinking is this guy got these weapons legally. I would like to think we live in a country that it is not easy to get weapons who's only use is to kill. It is harder to get a license to drive a car in some states that to get a concealed carry permit.

Update 2:

Money bags and the right to carry stops that how?

Update 3:

Reaper what do you think the odds of getting a head shot in on a person in a crowed room with people screaming . I think the odds would be better that you would hit everyone except the target. to your point of training i would agree if people had to go threw extensive training. You know as well as i do that most people have not had more than a introductory course.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the lack of a real gun ban is the problem.

• 9 years ago

In kennesaw, Georgia, 1989 the city council passed a law that legally forces the head of every household to own a gun with ammunition. That year, the crime rate dropped 89% in the city and 10% in the state. Maybe we shouldnt ban guns, but ban the lack of self defense. And why should we pay taxes to a government that's allowed to own better weapons than us?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. - 2nd amendment

So no, I don't think we should ban guns, because murder is a crime, so these murders obviously aren't afraid to go to prison, do what is to stop them from illegally obtaining weapons?

• 9 years ago

Then you accuse anyone who even thinks of trying as incompetent. If, allowed to CCW; the holder IS NOT incompetent. Such a person is trained and familiar with firearms. Especially the one carried. Unlike Holmes. Who clearly did not even check his ersatz assault rifle for proper operation. Not even a test fire. The N. Hollywood shoot out was with determined criminals. Used to being shot at. Holmes surrendered immediately. He over prepared and he himself proved incompetent and cowardly.

Nor do I think anyone would fault a "hero" for accidentally hitting 2 more people than than Holmes hit. Holmes may have been stopped at 1. Not 12 and 58. Still a horrible thing. But, reduced in effect.

You want to enter in a mutual suicide pact? With a crowd of defenseless people? Go right ahead. However, this sheep dogs out here asks you most nicely. STFU and allow me the choice to protect you. Quit trying to force me to be as suicidal as you. Quit demanding for more defenseless people.

Sad when so many do not understand the cost of Liberty. Better dangerous Liberty. Than secure enslavement of imperfect outside protection. Assuming ALL must prove innocence. All assumed guilty.All disarmed and defenseless. The state being The People dead. The State over populations triumphant. The Bill of Rights rendered to shreds.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Even if you have a total gun ban some crazy nut job like Saddam Hussein could sneak in with a concealed nucIear weapon and level the whole town.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

People kill people everyday, everywhere. The Colorado shooting was not the first nor the last time someone will kill someone. Homicide was not invented that day, it's been part of human nature since we came into existence.

• 9 years ago

Most body armor isn't entirely bullet proof. A high powered handgun or rifle will generally penetrate body armor.

• SrqSeo
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Yesterday a man with a knife was attacking ppl in a grocery store, fortunately a customer had a concealed weapon and stopped him. Too bad that was not the case in the theatre.

• 9 years ago

My question would be- how are people of this caliber mental state enticed into this situation in the first place?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

A .45 ACP doesn't give a f*ck if you have "body armor" or not

• Jason
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Military weaponry should be banned for public sale. Only crazy nutjobs want those.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No,

Maybe the problem was the person who killed?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.