Book for learning wordpress?

Anyone know of any good books to learn how to build a wordpress template. Or a book to learn php?

Also, does anyone know of a wordpress plugin that allows me to do the following

I was wondering if there was a plugin that could do the following:

1.user goes to page on wordpress site

2.user fills out their email address

3.Clicks Email Form button

4.user gets an email from my preconfigured email address via the plug with an attachment I have on my wordpress server somewhere, and some text explaining how to fill out the form or something.

Favorite Answer

you can send me a email and i will reply you a free ultimate wordpress theme creating guide.

I can recommend a couple of books to learn about WordPress, including one specifically about creating your own WordPress themes:

Smashing WordPress (second edition), by Thord Daniel Hedengren, ISBN#9781119995968

Smashing WordPress Themes, by Thord Daniel Hedengren, ISBN#9780470669907

For leaning PHP, the best book that I've read is PHP and MySQL Web Development (fourth edition), by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson, ISBN#9780672329166.

The plug-in that you describe doesn't sound too complicated - if I find anything that fits the bill, I will make a further post.

Good luck!

WordPress isn't technical however it is very semantical. It's basically a robust publishing platform. You should first learn PHP/MySQL, once you understand how to perform loops and queries, WordPress should be easy to you.

The WordPress community has a huge amount of info on developing themes and plugins.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API

Hey!

Go on YouTube type in "learn WordPress" then type in "learn php" its very educational , that's how I learned! Enjoy