How to lower blood pressure quickly without medication?

My friend is going into surgery in 4 days. He had a checkup today and blood pressure very high and will not clear for surgery. They put her on medication and told her to relax for the weekend and will check again on Monday. She is very upset as she needs this surgery badly and in a lot of pain. What can she do to help lower her blood pressure in addition to the medication? foods, activities, supplements, anything! please help!

• jimM
    Favorite Answer

The Dash diet will lower blood pressure. Just look up info about it. It's sole purpose is to lower blood pressure and the entire program is available as a free pdf. It's not a commercial diet either, it was created by Nutritionists and other medical professionals. It's not a fad thing, read up on it if you like.

Just do a google search for "new dash pdf" and download it.

Other than that exercise will lower blood pressure right away, but I'm guessing she isn't supposed to do that.

3 years ago, I was diagnosed - hypertension with a reading of 160/100. I used to feel dizzy a lot, my legs had awful cramps, and levels were very low in my potassium, causing my fingers and toes to always cramp together. One day I started to feel really faint while I was driving with my daughter in the back seat and I passed out, hitting 3 cars and ending up in a ditch. That moment,I knew I had to do something because my meds weren't working. I heard about this diet from a friend and thought I'd give it a shot. The results have been remarkable. In just 21 days, I honestly can't remember feeling this good, my blood pressure went from 175/110 to 125/70.

• Mary

quickly blood pressure