How much will the 8GB nexus 7 hold?

I would really like to get the nexus 7 but I'm not sure if I should get the 8 or 16 GB version. How much space does a movie take up? How many apps would it hold? I don't plan on putting too much music on it, and would probably use it mostly to help keep me organized.

Favorite Answer

It ultimately depends on if you decide to take on Google's ecosystem. If you utilize Google Play (music, videos, books, magazines) then it should all be cloud based and you shouldn't need much storage.

If you just want to load on the stuff you already own, then the 16GB would probably be the best option if you are remotely concerned about having space. It's only $50 more anyway.

A movie can vary in different sizes, but for an 8GB I would guess you could hold around 6 fairly large movies. But utilizing the cloud and just streaming your content I think is what's intended with the device.

I suggest going into the setting and looking in there for the About or information area or properties and that useally tell you how much memory is left also a movie is about 1.5 GB and a app is about 10 MB so yeah. I suggest getting the 16GB you wont be hating your self later