.308 vs 30-06 vs 300 Win Mag?

Alright so I'm going to be buying a gun in a little while and I think what I want to do is get a Remington 700 sps to start me off and then make changes to it down the line (new stock, new scope, maybe a new trigger etc) Where I'm stuck though is what round I want to get it in. My favorite is the 300 Win... show more Alright so I'm going to be buying a gun in a little while and I think what I want to do is get a Remington 700 sps to start me off and then make changes to it down the line (new stock, new scope, maybe a new trigger etc) Where I'm stuck though is what round I want to get it in. My favorite is the 300 Win Mag followed by the 30-06 because I'm a hot blooded young man who is only excited by obscene displays of power. But seriously I like it because it just seems more impressive. Now obviously It will come down to what I prefer firing once I try out a few different things but in the mean time I just want to ease my mind by getting some comparisons. So what I want to know is...

-The approximate barrel life of each round (given that I will clean the barrel properly and give the barrel at least 30-60 sec to cool in between shots)?
-How much it costs to get the barrel of a Rem700sps barrel replaced for someone living in Melbourne, Australia?
-What would you compare the recoil to for each round (as in getting punched hard/hit with a hammer) and how much will a limb saver save my limb?
-How much are other people at the range going to hate my guts for bringing one of the larger rounds?
-How much will a reasonably cheap (lets say Federal- cheap but not toxic) round cost for each for someone living in Melbourne, Australia?
-Also, what scopes would you recommended for shooting between 100-1000 meters?

No I don't expect to leap right in to making 1km shots but I'd sure like to try once I start getting better. I'll be using this for target shooting mainly but I want to be able to use it for hunting too. Top answer to whoever answers each question for all rounds (or at least tries to) I'd prefer answers based on experience than googling and any extra information or tips is much appreciated.
Update: Okay guys I guess I understated this when I said "No I don't expect to leap right in to making 1km shots but I'd sure like to try once I start getting better." What I meant to say is of course I'm not going to be making shots anything like that for a long time to come. All I'm saying is I... show more Okay guys I guess I understated this when I said "No I don't expect to leap right in to making 1km shots but I'd sure like to try once I start getting better." What I meant to say is of course I'm not going to be making shots anything like that for a long time to come. All I'm saying is I want to know which round does that best. Yes, my shooting experience is limited to .22lr (as far as rifles go anyway) but give me a break, everyone has to start some where. The 30 caliber rifle is a goal I want to reach. I want to work my way up to it and then by my own and when I do, I want to make sure I made the right choice based on what I want to do.

Also as for accuracy I hear all sorts of claims for and against the accuracy of the 06. Can someone give me some scientific evidence that proves that it is any less accurate than the .308 or 300wm?
Update 2: Tex - You are the only one having trouble answering my questions mate, pretty sure I have more of a clue what I'm talking about than you do. And no I will not get a .50 I'm not a cod nut that just wants some silly cannon to brag about, I'm simply trying to work out which .30 suits me best.