Anya asked in PetsBirds · 7 years ago

Is this a good name for my bird?

I adopted a beautiful green cheeked conure :)

I am a classical music nerd so I was thinking to name him жар-птица(zhar- ptitsa) which is Russian for 'Firebird', the ballet by Stravinsky.

I think Zhar for short. Is this a good name or too strange?

• T.R.
    Favorite Answer

I think it's a good name, it's nice and short and you're unlikely to find a person with that name so you don't have to worry about anyone feeling offended (that happened to someone I know).

Regarding the name, here are some things you should know (I speak Russian):

1. It's actually pronounced more like Jar instead of Zhar (like the soft j the French use in words like "je" or "Jean" - definitely not "zar").

2. Although жар-птица does mean firebird, it's not composed of fire+bird. Instead it's heat+bird. So if you call your bird "жар", you'd basically be calling it "heat". (The word for fire is огонь - "oh-GON").

Hope this helps! :)

P.S. I like classical music too!

How about you call it Papageno? Like from Mozart's 'Magic Flute'. (Папугай "Papugay" is the Russian word for parrot.) Seems more fitting for a green bird.

Have fun!

EDIT: Woops, just noticed your username. I guess you speak Russian too. Haha, sorry for the long explanations then.

I personally think Zhar is a beautiful name. Only classical music nerds like you will know the meaning behind his name. :) To anyone else it will be a pretty and unique name for your little bird. It sounds like it has a little exotic flair to an outsider. No, it is definitely not weird, and if someone thinks it is, they should go get a check-up at the doctor's because they are WRONG.

By the way, I searched up Green Cheeked Conure on Google, and I love them. I hope you and Zhar have fun!

Cheers,

Peg

Source(s): Me :D
  • czech

Uday ok has given relatively and hard answer. the ingredient is that Hinduism isn't a faith interior the limited experience this term is used it relatively is extra comparable to a 'panth' in Hinduism. The Archbishop of Canterbury had declared Mahatma Gandhi because of the fact the wonderful Christian alive whether Gandhiji's desperate adherence to Hinduism(Jainism ) grew to become into nicely widespread. there is not any conflict in this. it relatively is basically a 'nature based faith in in spite of expertise you interpret nature. mutually because it believes in saluting the plant life and different nature, it additionally enables its adherents to persist with god as his nature likes. He could see Him in pictures or because of the fact the wonderful fact that is widespread merely by way of meditation.

• Matty

I think it's a nice name... it sounds good and it isn't too strange. The only question I have for you, is does the name fit his personality? That's the hardest part of picking a name. If it does, then this is the right name for him. Good luck. ;)

that sounds like a great name. i love unique names. i have 2 parakeets one is blue and one is green. i named the green one Kiwi and the blue one Blueberry.

Angel, Tweety, Pidgey (POkemon), Pidgeoto, Birdy.

Whatever you wish and its cool your bird you name it as you want the bird wont care either way and people come up with alot of different names for animals and its not what we like its what YOU like........

Source(s): have pets many

I think that is a great name. Meaning behind it and it is very unique. :)