What can I do with a nutrition degree?

I am a sophomore in college and I am still kind of unsure what to major in. This may sound silly, but I really like food. I like to eat food, make food, and I figured why not learn about it. I was wondering if anyone had any advice, experience, or opinions on studying nutrition and any ideas on what I could do with that degree.

Thanks you for any comments!

Favorite Answer

Nutrition would be a pretty good major for you, if you enjoy seeking out how to make recipes healthier! I love nutrition because I loved fitness and being healthy. Nutrition does require making food, but it's more planning people's meals, teaching them how to adjust their diet, and learning about how the body processes food.

What you can do with a nutrition degree:

-become a nutritionist

-help to treat and prevent disease by conducting screens, gathering data and performing other tasks to assist a registered dietitian in providing medical nutrition therapy. You would be employed at hospitals, clinics, hospices, and research facilities.

-Purchasing and food preparation on a budget at schools, day-care centers, restaurants, and corporations.

-Educate people about the connection between food, fitness, and health at health clubs, weight management clinics, and community wellness centers.

-Develop menus, oversee foodservice sanitation and food safety, and prepare food labeling information and nutrient analysis for food companies or food vending and distributing operations.

Registered Dietitian, Public Health Nutritionist, teacher, or if you really like to cook then become a chef.