Saran wrap over tattoo for 5 days?

I just had a tattoo finished up at about midnight. It's now about 5:00PM the day after. He wrapped it with saran wrap and I have since replaced it twice. I was curious as to whether or not it was healthy to leave saran wrap over a tattoo for this length of time. I wouldn't have questioned it if my artist... show more I just had a tattoo finished up at about midnight. It's now about 5:00PM the day after. He wrapped it with saran wrap and I have since replaced it twice. I was curious as to whether or not it was healthy to leave saran wrap over a tattoo for this length of time. I wouldn't have questioned it if my artist hadn't told me to re-apply saran wrap 3-4 times a day for 5 days, not applying A&D until after the first two days.
http://i47.tinypic.com/11cd3eg.jpg
Even if there's debate about whether saran wrap is good or not, I've never heard of anyone who uses it re-applying saran wrap for 5 days. My artist said that it would heal it faster, keeping the tattoo moist on its own, keeping it fresh and from scabbing over etc. etc. This is my first tattoo but from what I have read keeping saran wrap on for that long is a no-no. Should I take it off and simply start applying A&D when it's dry?? Even if I'm changing it 3-4 times a day its still getting moist quickly from healing fluids and sweat. I've also been washing it lightly with an antibacterial soap and patting it dry before re-applying fresh saran wrap, but it seems as if some of the color is coming off. Is this normal?
Thanks.