Senior citizen ladies does wearing a bra constitute formal wear?

I think so...means I'm going some where.LOL

Favorite Answer

Lona, Lona, Lona, I am going to have to report you for making me laugh too much today. I've been trying to catch up on laundry and it's hard when your sides are splitting. I should wear a bra every day but do I? Hah! I will go with comfort over convention any old day of the week. It's enough that I put one on when I have to go out, for Pete's sake.

Wow! Bras can be a real pain. I told Chuck once he needs to get two large cantaloupe and wear a bra all day so he knows the misery they can cause. Finally, last June, I took my granddaughter on to the convention center where she was going to prepare for her marathon run. Just for fun, I went on with her, and there were vendors selling all kinds of sportswear, healthy snacks and drinks. Walking around with her, I found a vendor selling sports bras. I bought one of those short tank top style bras that has very good support on the inside of the bra. I have never found a bra that had so much support that was so comfortable. They can't be found in just any store, but some of the athletic supply stores have them. Sure is nice to find a bra that doesn't cut into me underneath where the band is. Before that, I would wear loose shirts around the house and go bra less.

• Dinah

Tell ya what was the last straw for me. Spent a good long time in a dressing room determined to find something comfortable. Found it after awhile and bought three of them. In no time, I discovered the straps fell off my shoulders. So an internet search began for a way to keep them on. Bought three of those. Now with a little weight change they've gotten as uncomfortable as all the others over the years. Why is discomfort par for bras? If they're comfortable, they're insufficient support. So yes, wearing one is the dreaded necessity for going anywhere.

I have started living in sport-tank-tops

small amount of support... not confining like a bra

can throw a top over it if I decide I need to go somewhere

I have gotten to the point that bras hurt

at 46, I don't consider myself Senior Citizen

I liberated myself from bras @ the time I turned 40

Shopping for a bra is something I dread!! When I find a bra I like I get more than one. I've always had to wear some kind of support. No perky ones here. Like Maxine says...."I was having a great deal of chest pain. Then I realized I was standing on my nipples".

• jonds

I don't know much about the bra wearing but do remember my Mother having breast reduction surgery when she was 70 but it turned to too much information when she informed me that she didn't have nipples anymore. There are some things a son does not need to know.

• spirit

i hated the things when i was growing up because i was small but i had to wear them or else for i stuck out. well at home i run around in my little house dresses and do not care if company comes or not for i am not showing all things. but when i go out i have to wear one and am glad to come home and take it off. genie bras are nice but i hate the pads inside because they are meant to keep from showing but they are like cardboard padding. comfortable but embarrassed if i am hugged due to that padding! i try sports bras but they are thick and uncomfortable for me. so when i was younger bras were terrible all cotton but the straps would dig into my shoulders. so i sing at home and while i clean it is "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" and i add in the words please don't let me leave home! lol if you can get away without moving and shaking then i envy anyone who can get away without one by using band aids etc. you are funny! i laughed reading your question

• S

Yes, I hate them now. More like straight jackets for the boobs. So confining. I prefer a sports bra or tank top when at home. I guess dressing for comfort over style now.

• Blank

I wouldn't call it formal wear, but I'm with you. If I'm wearing a bra, I'm going out in public or company is coming.

• daisy

I wear one every day, for I cannot go without. Like my mom, sis and my daughters, we are not small bosomed....not huge, but quite adequate. . At my age now, to go braless anywhere, would be a sight to behold !!

Even tho I am at home, I am not alone. My building has 19 other apartments, and most of us are good buddies......someone always knocking on my door or rapping on my patio.