JOBS in Criminal Justice Field ?

I don't have my driver's licence as of yet but getting it Im so lost and I know about police, parole etc .. anything elese and where I should look. I have a B.A if that matters

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

If a career in the Criminal Justice Field is what you desire, then there are lot's and lot's of opportunities in the United States:

Local:

Police Department

Sheriff's Department

College Campus Police, Patrolman

County Jail guard

Port Authority/ Harbor Police (In Coastal cities)

Transit Police (Trolley/ Subway cops)

District Attorney Investigator

City Council Office/Mayor Office, Personal Security Detail

County Parole Agent

Fire Department (Fire/Arson/Explosion Investigator)

Animal Control/Protection District

Courthouse Bailiff

Forensic Analyst

Medical Examiner Investigater

Bail Bond Agent

Adult Protective Services

State:

Highway Patrol

State Troopers

Probation Officer

National Guard MP (Riot control/Martial law)

DOJ Agent

Polygraph Examiner

State University, Campus Police

Corrections Officer

State Inspector General

Clinical Psychologist

Governor's Office, Protective Services

Assembly and State Senate Police

Federal:

Fish and Game Warden

FBI Agent

DEA Agent

ATF Agent

Deputy US Marshall

Office of the Inspector General

Homeland Security

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Border Patrol)

Secret Service Agent

Military Police (Army, Marine Corps), Security Forces (Air Force) and Master at Arms (Navy)

Veteran Affairs Police

CIA Security Protective Services

Bureau of Prisons

TSA Agent (includes Air Marshall)

Federal Reserve Bank Police

US Postal Police

Office of Odometer Fraud Investigation

NASA Security Services

IRS Criminal Investigation Division (ISR-CI)

US Diplomatic Security Service (Body Guard)

Bureau of Indian Affairs Police

Tennessee Valley Authority Police

Coast Guard (Maritime law enforcement)

Department of Energy, Office of Secure Transportation

National Institutes of Health Police

Food and Drug Administration-Office of Criminal Investigations

Office of Professional Responsibility (Internal Affairs)

Amtrak Police

Environmental Protection Agency, Criminal Investigation Division

Financial Crimes Enforcement Network Special Agent

DIA Police

United States Army Corrections Command, Internment/Resettlement Specialist (Detainee Ops)

Washington D.C.:

All of the Federal law enforcement careers listed above

United States Pentagon Police

Library of Congress, Office of Security and Emergency Preparedness (LOC)

Capitol Police

Metro Police Department

Sergeant at Arms, House of Representatives and Senate

Supreme Court Police

Secret Service Uniformed Division

US Mint Police

Smithsonian Institute, Office of Protective Services

US Government Printing Office Police

National Security Agency Police

Department of Commerce, Office of Security

Department of Defense Police

FBI, Uniformed Police Division

All in all, there are TONS of options available in the criminal justice field available at every level. This is not a complete list either, it's just what I could fit and what was in the top of my head. There's even some career options at the universal level too if you'd consider NATO, international courts, Scotland Yard in England, ect. Yes your bachelors degree will help you depending on what it is in. I think what you should focus on first though is getting that driver's license, required by most of these agencies. It's a requirement to to become an MP in the Army (Military Police). That's the route I'm following, and there are more opportunities in the Military Police Corps than people would think. After working the road a couple of years at an Army post, I have the chance to go CID (Criminal Investigation Division), MPI (Military Police Investigator), SRT (Special Reaction Team, AKA...SWAT), K9 handler (drug dog), PSD (Personal Security Detail), Traffic Management School and so much more!! And we also get those regular Army schools too as well such as Airborne School, Air Assault School, Ranger School, Sniper School, Combatives, ect. Plus all these schools and military training, along with a well rounded baccalaureate degree will prepare you for a job in any local, state or federal law enforcement agancy. The life of an LEO is rigorous and demanding, I hope you have what it takes!

If you have any additional questions, would like some advice or just a couple of links to helpful websites, feel free to email me in a professional manner!

Source(s): Military Police (31B), United States Army, 49th MP Brigade, 670th MP Company Associate of Arts in Communication, working on Bachelor's degree in Sociology with minor in English

1

Source(s): Criminal Records Search Database : http://CriminalRecords.raiwi.com/?akww

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

• Mirza

Corrections Officers

Criminal Records Search Database : http://InfoSearchDetective.com

I knew about all the signs, I was 100% sure a tragedy is coming and I still am after reading this course. What I didn't know was how to get out of it alive. I used to feel helpless, with no military or survival experience whatsoever. What was I supposed to do? Then I found this online https://tr.im/g5qGc you put *HOPE* back on the map for me! It's not just me thanking you, it's my children and their future children! Thanks.

3

Take Surveys Get Money : http://OnlineSurveys.uzaev.com/?VFme