Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 8 years ago

Do you prefer the art of American comics or Japanese manga/anime?

Which do you think is better, the art style in American comics (like Spider-Man, X-men, Superman, etc.) or the art style in Japanese mangas and animes?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I like a mixture of both :) (like Takehiko Inoue's style).

I like the realistic comic side a lot (bodies) but I also love the details manga uses when drawing chars, specially the faces, eyes and their expressions (I'm not fan of huge shojo eyes, I prefer seinen-style).

• Login to reply the answers
  • hellen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I like each comics and cartoons more than anime. Comics traditionally have better reports and the characters are mainly likable as an alternative than being whole assholes (there are exceptions of path, similar to anything with the aid of Frank Miller). Cartoons however are comfortably higher drawn, at least right cartoons with storylines or which might be just more commonly just right. I'd pit the pleasant American animation (such as the DCAU, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) up in opposition to the nice japanese animation and entirely expect the American to win out. Moreover, the cultural variations between the united states and Japan rather make anime unenjoyable if you recognize anything concerning the culture it comes from. You to peer exactly what is meant via one of the vital matters that occur, or worse you have an understanding of that they are not kidding about some matters that happen in say school-established shows. Actually repeatedly its simply miserable. Plus American stuff does not mainly have stressful characters who spend all their time brooding at the same time other characters shill the capabilities we on no account see and claiming their such distinguished persons. That is left to are living-motion television here.

• 8 years ago

I prefer the art of Japanese manga more. It's not just one certain style. There are tons of different manga styles that can cater to many demographics. Unlike comics which usually have one distict style that is shown in most comics. This is why I think that manga is becoming more popular than comics. :)

• POOF
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

As a girl, I like Japanese manga style because its often geared towards girls. More stories are for girls and the art is more elegant and cute I think.

Many action manga are pretty ugly though. I would say if I had to choose between a manga for boys vs. a comic for boys(like spiderman), I would choose the American one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

As an american child i grew up loving superman , spiderman , iron man , batman (lol so many men) but i also like anime and manga for me its hard to choose although of course i dont watch all those movies and read all those super hero comics anymore there just so different in a good way xD can i choose both? i mean thats like saying hey superman or dbz?? there both things i grew up with :P and love <333

• 8 years ago

I prefer Anime/Manga they Have a lot Better story Plots and could leave you feeling different emotions than what american cartoons do, The Japanese do Know how to Punch a good story in for the max Emotions on to the viewer,

Source(s): Experience,
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I would have to say American Comics style. More rugged tough gritty and just less of a cold technical feel. I use to like anime and manga mor but that has all changed.

Plus characters are more realistic but-yet more colorful-looking in American-comics then say Anime&#x2F;manga!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Doesn't matter to me as long as I see some form of realism in it but not too realistic (pretty much semi-realism). I'm not really into mainstream anime/manga style of art and I'm not into comics that are overtly realistic where I can't see anything creative about it.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I prefer mangas because they can be for different audiences other than most American comics which have superheroes, a manga can be about anything! I would read an American Comic, but I wouldn't want to come across a ton of superhero adventures ;/

Source(s): my opinion
  • 8 years ago

I honestly prefer the manga art style, with its simplified shapes. The American style almost feels hyper-realistic, which distracts me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.