Kristen asked in PetsOther - Pets · 7 years ago

Can you have a pet termite?

Can someone have a pet termite in their house if they keep it in a cage so it wont eat the wood in your house?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

You can't just keep one. Termites need a colony. The smallest groups I have keep are about 200 dampwood termites (but they quickly made new queens and the colony got much larger). It is easy to keep dampwoods and a hard plastic (styrene) food storage tubs (with a few tiny holes in the lid) is all you need if you keep them in their original wood.

These termites need damp, rotten, wood and so won't eat a normal house. Drywoods are also easy to keep but they may eat your house.

• Nancy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Nah, I live close to a railroad. Termites don't scare mice.

• 7 years ago

Sounds pretty gross . . . but I guess so. Maybe you could keep one in one of those little bug cage thingies and feed it veggies. You could even get it some little termite friends ;D

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

LMAO.... WTF.Tell me how you plan to keep a termite in a cage?? let me kno so I can get me one too

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axEAP

I DONATE 10 cats to you, SIR HAT... play BINGO with me??? You won Bingo... SCRABBLE next? Or Monopoly... NEVER MIND... You ALWAYS win..... ..Starting to question whether I should trust Hat-wearing-Squirrels....

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

**** ya call him joe

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sure if you're into that kind of stuff.....

• 7 years ago

ew no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.